Chapter 68 - Saved

B L A D E

I slept right outside her closed bedroom door the whole night. Yeah, it was pretty uncomfortable and I got a few cramps but I just couldn't leave without talking to her.

I messed up pretty bad.

I mean, why on earth would I lie to her like that? Damn! I'm such an idiot. Clearly, I wasn't thinking straight.

Eventually, Franco and Nico dragged me away from her door before she could wake up. It was a lot difficult since I put up a fight but later, I decided to stop being creepy and let her have the space she desperately needs. Even though it's killing me.

Earlier today, Franco informed me that Sienna headed out with Chiara. Apparently, they went to the movies, mall, and whatever things women did for fun together.

I was a bit forced to get into my car and go after them because of the unknown person that wants her dead but after much thought, I decide to let it go. Sienna can take care of herself and if anything goes wrong, she knows exactly what to do.

It didn't stop me from getting worried though, that's why I sent two men to watch over them.

Something about her friend doesn't sit well with me. I hope I'm definitely wrong about this intuition.

"You shouldn't have lied to her, Blade. Lies always break up a relationship. Clearly, you didn't think of the consequences before lying to her like that." Camilla scolds me with her hands on her hips, flashing me a death glare as I lounge on the living room couch, staring up at the ceiling with my arm over my forehead.

"I know I lied to her, Cam. There's nothing I can say that could justify why I did it but it wasn't my intention. I don't know, Cam. I was fucked up and couldn't think straight." I brush the drowsiness away from my eyes and sit up on the couch to make room for Cam.

She sits next to me and ruffles my hair that's damp from all the perspiration. Cam doesn't seem to mind and continues to play with my hair. It relaxes me but not in the way that Sienna does it. It's different and it makes me feel calm like I'm floating on air.

"I'm sure that she will get over it, Blade. Sienna loves you. All she needs is space and she can't have it when you keep disturbing her every damn second." She slaps me upside the head and playfully punches my arm.

I don't even bother to glare at her like I always would, instead, I let out a shaky sigh and fiddled with my fingers.

"Damn! You're broken." She mumbles.

I ignore the comment and respond to her earlier words. "I can't help it, Camilla. Every second and minute I go without her, makes my heart to constrict. I go insane and I can't fucking think straight. She's my life, Cam. Without her, I find it hard to breathe because she's the oxygen I desperately need to survive. I don't know how to explain it, Cam. All I know and I'm sure of is that I love her and always will."

"Damn! You're so fucking romantic and whipped." She whispers and wipes the tear from her cheek, adding the last part in a small voice. "Since when did you become like this? When and how are you so good with words?"

I manage to chuckle, even though it sounded more like a cough and there isn't any life to it. "It's all because of her. Sienna might not know it but... she saved me from my demons and most especially, she saved me from myself. I really want to give her space to think about it, Cam... fuck, I really want to. I might sound selfish but I don't give a flying fuck. When she gets back, I'm gonna force her to listen to what I have to say. I'm gonna fix things between us and hopefully, she forgives me."

Camilla gives me a side hug that was a bit comforting and leans her head on my shoulder. She chuckles. "You really rendered me speechless, bro. That's the sweetest thing I've ever heard. I'm pretty sure she's gonna forgive you. Damn! You're so fucking crazy."

"Yeah, I am, Cam. I'm crazy in love." I tell her with a small grin.

"Go take a shower. You fucking stink." Cam scoots away from me, wrinkling her nose in fake disgust.

I smirk and rise to my feet. "Way to be blunt, sis."

*****

I grip the mug of hot chocolate that Camilla prepared for me and took a sip from it. I savour the sweet taste, my nerves acting up like crazy every time I think about Sienna and the words I'm gonna tell her.

It doesn't seem too difficult. All I have to do is tell her how much she means to me and apologize for lying.

What if she doesn't forgive me? I don't think I can handle myself if that happens. I'll just have to try harder and make her forgive me.

"The only time that I'm this desperate for food, that's when the damn maids get a day off." Franco grumbles, looking around the kitchen for any sign of leftovers.

"You're such a dumbass, Franco. Just get an apron and cook something for yourself." Camilla grumbles and takes a bite of the cookie she made for herself earlier. She offered me some but I didn't have any appetite to eat them or anything at all.

"That's easy for you to say, Cam. You made cookies and didn't even offer me a single one. That is so rude, you know?" Franco whispers in mock hurt and gets prepared to make pasta which is definitely gonna end up in disaster.

"Yeah, I know." Camilla smirks and takes a sip of her glass of milk.

Franco grumbles something incoherent and turns on the sink to wash his hand.

Camilla's phone dings with a text. She licks away the cookie crumbs from her fingers and picks it up from the counter top. A wide grin spread across her lips as she reads the text.

"Manuelle, huh?" I flash her a teasing wink and take another sip of the hot chocolate.

The phone falls from her hand and drops to her lap, a faint blush creeping up to her cheeks as she tucks a strand of brown hair behind her ear.

"Yeah." She mumbles and grabs the phone.

"You love him right?" I ask with an eyebrow raised as she blushes again and chews on her lower lip.

"Yeah, I do." She answers without a doubt and I nod, craning my head to the side when I hear a couple of pots and pans land on the floor with a crash.

Franco flashes us a sheepish smile and goes to pick them up.

"I hope he's treating you well, Cam. I don't wanna see you get hurt." I whisper in concern, placing my hand over hers.

"He is. I love him and he loves me." Cam says with a smile and licks her lips.

"That's good." I slowly mumble.

"Guys, you've got to see this." Nico bursts through the door, a laptop tucked under his arm. He spares a glance at Franco before making his way over to us.

He places the laptop in front of me and types in a few things on the keyboard before an image of Chiara having an intense conversation with Matteo pops up.

"No way." Camilla mumbles in an incredulous tone.

~•~

Thoughts??

Hope you loved this chapter.

I love you all<333