Chapter 62 - Healing

S I E N N A

"Oh, come on." Blade whines and catches my wrist before I can open the top drawer of his beside table.

I sigh and press my lips to his forehead. "Blade, we've talked about this."

"I know but –"

"No buts. I want to help you okay? I can't do so if you're still reluctant to help yourself. Just don't stress about it too much." I whisper softly and begin to run my fingers through his soft hair with a small smile as he wraps his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Okay, fine. Give me a kiss first." He cups my butt cheeks and stares up at me expectantly.

I roll my eyes at him and peck his pouty lips.

Disappointment flashes across his face. "I want a kiss, baby doll. Not a damn peck."

I disentangle myself from his arms and proceed to open the top drawer. "You'll get a proper kiss when I'm done."

He groans but doesn't say another word.

Once I get the drawer open, I begin to take out the bottles of pills from it; some are empty. Some haven't been opened yet. I swallow back the lump in my throat at the thought of Blade using all this to escape the demons of his past.

It hurts me to think that he had to go through all this trauma on his own. I know it's hard for him to move on from all this but I'm willing to stay and help in fighting his battles.

"I think that's all, right?" I ask him, dropping all the pills on his bed as I place my hand on my hips.

"No. There's one more thing left." Blade mumbles and takes out a small key from his pocket before sinking it into the key hole of the last drawer.

"Blade are you sure about this?" I kneel down on the floor next to him and drape my hand over his shoulder as he shifts a small box to the side of the drawer and pulls out a couple of pictures.

No doubt the woman in the picture was his mom.

I can see the resemblance quite well. They both have the same color of eyes, the same inky black hair, the same plump lips and well sculptured nose, and jawline.

I haven't seen his father yet but I don't think he looks like him one bit.

"You sure you wanna do this?" I give him a skeptical look, staring at the side of his face as he glances at the picture with an emotion that I can only decipher as longing.

"Yes, Sienna." He exhales heavily and traces his mother's face with his index finger that's trembles a bit.

"You miss her, don't you?" I murmur, running my fingers down and up his back in a comforting way.

"There's not a single day that I don't miss her. Even if her pictures aren't with me anymore, there's a big part of my heart that will always belong to her. Keeping the pictures will just bring up bad memories that I want to forget." Blade clears his throat to keep the shakiness away from his voice and stands up along with me.

I hum in understanding and tuck a strand of blonde hair behind my ear.

Blade hands me the pictures and gathers the bottle of pills in his arms before strolling out of his room, with me walking behind him.

*****

Blade flicks the lighter and takes a step back when the pictures and pills catches on fire.