Chapter 56 - BOOM

B L A D E

"Relax, Blade. I know you don't trust us, especially me, but please just give us this chance okay?" Sienna pleads with a sexy pout, batting her eyelash at me.

"We promise to come home before the hour is up. Everything will be okay. Besides, we aren't kids anymore. We know how to protect ourselves from creepers and weirdos but if it makes you not to worry, we won't talk to strangers, most especially men." Camilla chimes in with a wide grin and pats my shoulders reassuringly.

I let out a defeated and placed a kiss on each of their foreheads. "I guess it won't hurt to let you guys go shopping. An hour is all it takes and if you both aren't here by that time, I'm gonna hunt you down."

"Stop being overdramatic." Sienna rolls her eyes and pecks my cheek. Before I can pull her into a kiss, Cam tugs her arm towards the door, giving me a wave over her shoulder that I didn't bother to return as Sienna flashes me a wink.

I give the two bodyguards by the door a signal to follow them, angling my head in their direction as the door slams shut.

"Your relationship with Sienna seems to be progressing." Franco says with a smirk as I spun on my heels and head towards my office.

"No offense, Blade, but you're fucking whipped. That woman has you wrapped around her finger and you both don't know it. I bet if she tells you she wants the moon and stars, you won't hesitate to get it for her no matter how impossible it seems." Nico adds and flops down on the couch in my office with a teasing smile on his face when he sees my glare.

"It's almost like you're having feelings for her and it won't take a matter of time before you get hit by the love train." Franco wiggles his eyebrows at me and twirls the ring around his finger.

I massage my temples and let out a frustrated sigh. "Oh God! What have I done to deserve this? Why do you hate me so much??"

They both let out a boisterous laugh at my words. The urge to kick them in the ass is becoming more and more hard to resist the longer they continue to shamelessly tease me like I'm not in the damn room.

"Okay. That's enough." I cut them off with a frown and thankfully, their laughter and teasing subsides.

My phone rings and I pull it out of my pocket.

I grumble out a few curse words and answer the damn call.

"What?" I harshly respond and flip open the file on my desk that desperately needs my attention which I neglected.

"Boss, we found Matteo." Roman tells me, a couple of footsteps and grunts resounds the background as I let his words gradually sink.

I can't freaking believe this.

"Where did you find him??" I question, pressing the phone closer to my ear to make sure that I'm not imagining things.

"It wasn't really an easy task boss. Things didn't quite –"

"Answer the damn question, dumbass." I grit out and slam my fist on the table.

"We found him in a club. Dude was pretty drunk and was getting his ass kicked by a couple of gangsters." Roman says and whispers some incoherent words to someone in the background.

"Take him to the basement. I'll meet you there in the next five minutes." I grunt and cut the call before he could utter any word.

"What's going on?" Franco asks as I rise to my feet and walk towards the door.

"Matteo has been found. He's in the basement." I answer gruffly and slam the door behind me.

*****