Chapter 71 - Hang in there

S I E N N A

Pain is all I feel right now.

My heart hurts. My body hurts from the whips and being tied to the ceiling for hours.

They keep tormenting me with videos of Blade, struggling to survive the panic attack. He looks worse than before. His breathing seems to be slowing down every minute that pass by and he keeps trembling every now and down.

It hurts me to know that I can't be there for him when he needs me the most.

I don't even know what to do right now. My lungs feel constricted and my throat tightens the more I'm submerged deep into the water that I can't breathe.

All the blood that rushes to my head makes my vision to appear blurry. I'm using all the ounce of strength I have left to stay conscious.

The more I stare at the man I love looking so broken, the more my heart feels like jumping out of my chest.

I want to do something to help him. I want to be there for him but I can't do that when I'm chained to the ceiling without any idea of how to escape this.

My body begs for me to give up, to loose hope and just accept my impending faith but I can't.

Even though there's no reassurance of any of us getting out of here alive, I still won't loose hope.

If there isn't something I can do, there has to be someone that's looking for us.

The question in my head gets answered when the door bursts open and in walks Nico and Franco with a bunch of other guys.

They begin to shoot down all of Vladimir's men while dodging the bullet thrown at them.

Marcello, Chiara and Natasha all escape during the commotion but that's not what's on my mind.

Nico makes his way over to me, a frown on his face when he sees the condition I'm in.

"Where were you guys?" I ask as he unchains me and carries me bridal style down the iron ladder before placing me on my feet.

"Sorry, we had a bit of complication." Nico says with a sheepish smile and glances around the place. "Where's Blade?"

I ignore him and run to their computers. Searching through the rooms they could have put him, I finally found the one that's occupied, downstairs.

Nico and Franco follow behind as I run down the stairs, determined to find Blade even though I'm a bit weak and my vision keeps getting blurry every minute but I try to steady myself.

Swinging open the steel door, I let out a loud sob when my eyes lands on him. Vladimir stands by the corner of the room and talks to someone on the phone but when he sees us, he gulps and cuts the call instantly.

Nico and Franco gun down the six men that are with him and grabs the old man by the collar of his shirt.

"Have always known you had something up your sleeve. Fucking bastard." Franco growls and kicks the old man in the shin. He yells in pain and glares at them. Nico flashes him a cruel smirk and whispers something deadly that made him flinch slightly but I tune them out and run to the man that's chained to the wall.