Chapter 67 - Web of lies

S I E N N A

"What the hell is she doing here??" I mutter, swallowing the lump in my throat. Tears sting my eyes but I don't let them fall.

"I'm quite offended, Sienna. I've been gone for quite a while now. Don't you miss me??" Natasha says in a high pitched tone, her lips curling into a smile that made my stomach to churn.

Blade reaches for my wrist but I pull away, guilt written all over his face. He exhales heavily. "I can explain."

The anger stirring in my chest explodes at his words. "Explain? Are you kidding me right now? You wanna fucking explain? What's there to explain, Blade? Tell me."

He flinches at my tone and takes a step towards me, his cologne wafting in the air around us that I feel my brain malfunction a little.

"I'm sorry I lied to you, Sienna." He whispers, chewing harshly on his lower lip as I take a step back to think properly without any distractions.

"That's not all." Natasha chimes in with a wicked smirk, ignoring the death glares that Blade flashed at her.

"What do you mean?" I ask, confusion lacing my tone.

"Your man here, blackmailed me." Natasha mumbles, tossing a wink at Blade, who clenches and unclenches his fist. "Well, here's the thing, Blade lied to you that he killed me. Which was kind of stupid but the look on your face right now is fucking priceless. A day later, he threatened me and told me to leave the country that I should never show my face to him again. I had no choice but to do so. I mean, 6million dollars isn't gonna fall from the sky, you know?"

My jaw drops to the ground in shock and Blade curses under his breath. "6million fucking dollars? For what huh, so it would be more believable to think that she's freaking dead?"

"Sienna, I'm telling –" Natasha begins with a smile.

Blade cuts her off and roars in anger. "Get the fuck out of here. I don't wanna fucking see your face. Leave."

Natasha flinches at his tone but does what he says. With a proud smile on her face, she saunters away and chuckles evilly.

"Sienna, please listen to me. I didn't mean to lie to you, okay? You were hurt by her presence and I wanted to make things right." Blade whispers in a shaky voice, eyes red with emotions as he runs his fingers through his messy hair.

This is unbelievable.

Blade lied to me for months. He told me that he killed Natasha and I felt a bit special that he killed someone for me but it was all a lie.

"You made things right by lying to me?" I let out a humorless laugh and he winces. "What does this say about you, huh? You're liar. You're fucking heartless. That makes me question the love you have for me. I mean, is it a lie? Tell me now because I'm pretty sure there's nothing to loose."

His face hardens and he takes my chin in a harsh grip, his thumb brushing the single tear that rolled down my cheek. "Hearing you say that makes my heart to shatter. I would never lie about how I feel for you. My feelings are true. I love you, Sienna– that's never gonna change. You mean the world to me okay? Yeah, I lied which I should have never done in the first place but I'm sorry."

I shake my head, letting the tears to stream down my cheeks before turning my back to him.

I take a deep breath to calm my racing heart and try to make sense of the incoherent thoughts swirling around in my brain. Everything hurts.

Staring at his beautiful face longer than I should makes me angry and sad. I want to punch him countless times until his face bleeds but I know it won't stop the tornado of pain causing havoc in my chest.