❥𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝙵𝚃𝚈-𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

The gloomy, grey sky wasn't an unusual sight to see within the land of lightning. The hue of blue would dim often and nimbostratus clouds would cause the dull weather to splay over Inazuma. There were times streaks of purple would shoot through the sky and slam into the ground, creating a booming noise moments later that traveled far across the land.

Today seemed especially gloomy as (Y/N) darted their attention to their surroundings while taking calm steps that tried to seem as if they weren't in a rush so that they didn't stick out. They wore a headscarf/hood (if not already) and long garbs that covered their defining features as they walked through the city, their disguise as a traveling merchant being utilized by Heizou's demand.

He had asked for them to pick up some vital documents that would help solve a homicide case that just so happened to be located in Inazuma city, even more specifically near the estate where the Raiden Shogun resided. They had to ask a Tenryou commission soldier to give them the documents and use Heizou's name in order for them to be given since they weren't just up for grabs.

It seemed far too risky in their opinion, but Heizou was very insistent that they be the one to do it. He had been out of the house a lot lately and they were left in the dark on what he was doing, but they didn't bother to pry. He knew something that he didn't want them to know, that much was obvious. They could just interrogate him later if anything, though right now, they focused on their given quest to get the documents and get the hell out of there.

They would soon find why he sent them out to get them. He was far more cunning than they gave him credit for after all, he wasn't just the little shit-head they reduced him to being.

They took off the head scarf/ hood (if applicable) they were wearing as their eyes trailed upwards, the cloudy grey sky beginning to turn hues of purple. The streaks of purple light glowed vibrantly in the sky, brightening it up as their eyes reflected the harsh colors making them wince slightly. Their heart sped up and adrenaline coursed through their veins as a giant eye of stormy judgment presented itself in the sky, thunderous bolts of electro shooting outwards as the Raiden Shogun unleashed her strength and presented it for all to see.

The crackling and chirping of electricity was even more thunderous and unforgiving than before as it slammed into the ground, rubble shooting in the air as a trail of smoke followed close behind it. The rubble bounced on the road and came close to (Y/N)'s feet from how close they were to the sight of where the shogun's fury was being unleashed.

'Clicks' echoed across the vacant road as (Y/N) began to run without second thought, not away from the scene, but directly towards it.

The sight that they would be welcomed with was one that made them realize all their preparations relied on this moment in time, the plan they discussed with Miko coming to mind.

The shogun was in a sense, fake. The real Raiden Shogun was not the outside appearance, but the consciousness willingly sealed away in the sword. The current walking and talking Shogun was merely a puppet— and the puppet and Ei were two entirely different entities.

The plan was that when Aether fought off the consciousness that he would inevitably have to face, (Y/N) would deal with the puppet since his unconscious body would be left vulnerable to the puppet's wrath as his consciousness went into the Plane of Euthymia.

(Y/N) stood at the bottom of the long winding staircase, watching in slow motion as everything played out before them without moving to interfere by choice. Resistance soldiers led by Gorou and Kazuha stood at the top while Aether and Paimon turned to look at the Raiden Shogun, who had lunged the moment they had stepped foot outside of her residence after their victory over Signora.