045 ; thestrals

▇▇▇▓▒░ 「✦」 ░▒▓▇▇▇

▇▇▇▓▒░        「✦」          ░▒▓▇▇▇

▇▇▇▓▒░ 「✦」 ░▒▓▇▇▇

AND ONCE AGAIN, THE SCHOOL YEAR AT HOGWARTS WAS OVER AND YOU WERE GETTING OFF THE TRAIN AT KINGS CROSS STATION, PLATFORM 9 3/4.

you breathe out, taking in the view of parents coming to gather their children and children bustling out, eager to tell their parents stories of the eventful school year.

you move out of the way as a family pushes through to get back to the muggle station, people were waiting in aline, every five minutes or so someone would go through as to not have a bunch of people coming out from the platform in such a quick time, it would be too suspicious and muggles would catch on.

you quickly take a spot in line, everyone else had already left, leaving you by yourself. himiko was resting over your shoulders and you had your trunk by your side.

after what felt like hours it was finally your turn to go through the gate, you quickly push through glancing around at the surrounding muggles, all of which were distracted by something else.

you sigh quietly and push forward through the crowd to the exit of the station, pausing in shock.

standing by the entrance were two large, bony type horses, except they had giant wings sprouting from their back, they were both a deep black colour and had long tails.

you look around in shock,

can no one see these!?

"can you see them too?" a soft voice says from behind you, you look back. it was a girl with light blonde hair and silvery eyes, she was glancing off dreamily.

you blink, "uh, yeah"

"they're called thestrals. they can only be seen by people who've seen death" she says, you glance around, all the muggles were busy with their own things.

"you've known someone who's died, then?" you say, looking back at her.

she nods, "my mum. she was quite an extraordinary witch, but she liked to experiment , and one day one of her spells went badly. i was 9"

"oh, sorry" you say unsympathetically, one of your many bad traits. you felt little to no sympathy for people, an easy thing to pick up living on the streets since you were about 8.

she just nods before going back into her own little world, you look to the floor.

"i best be going now. i'm [name] toga, by the way"

"luna, luna lovegood" she introduces.

you nod and wave slightly before grabbing your trunks' handle again and walking off.

▇▇▇▓▒░ 「✦」 ░▒▓▇▇▇

▇▇▇▓▒░        「✦」          ░▒▓▇▇▇

▇▇▇▓▒░ 「✦」 ░▒▓▇▇▇

words ; 420

date posted ; 04/04/22

©_behindyou_