Dinner time

Jas felt like a baby deer, unsteady on her legs as she took Bruno's hand, and they walked to the kitchen. He never let her get too far away, pulling her back a few times towards him, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her softly, squeezing her hand and smiling at her. She felt floaty with butterflies every time she caught his eye. She had major, major, major, major, feels. She couldn't remember the last time she'd felt like this. She wasn't sure she ever had. And he'd just made her come twice. Their first time together. It was like something out of a book, or some online internet smut or something. She couldn't believe it was real life.

As they finally stepped into the kitchen, she heard the clattering of bowls, the low rumble of chopping blocks, and a mismatch of different smells, but all she could see was Bruno. She just wanted to cuddle him, to bury her face in the crook of his neck while he stroked her back. She didn't want to be more than a step away from him. He pulled her closer and pressed a soft kiss to her head, and she felt him breathing in her scent. She nuzzled her face into his chest, he smelled so good after their shower. She could have fallen asleep right there, standing in his arms.

James noticed them first. "Oh, Jas and Bruno, hi".

The room fell silent and Angie cleared her throat. "How was your shower, guys?"

She felt Bruno's entire body immediately go warm, as if his whole body blushed at once. She looked around the room and saw the others sniggering.

Jas gave Angie a confused look.

"Wha... huh?"

Kobi stood at the sink, giggling, biting his lip. "Um..."

Bruno met his eyes and groaned. "Oh no... really?"

Angie pursed her lips, trying desperately not to laugh.

Jas looked up at Bruno, confused.

He was bright red. "Um...I think they heard you."

Her face fell, as she looked around the kitchen to find every set of eyes on her.

"No...?" Jas pleaded, though she wasn't sure who with.

Najuma's shoulders shook a little. "Yeah we did". There was a silence around the room as she spoke, her face curling, and her voice wavering slightly. She paused slightly as she leant in, stage whispering loudly enough for everyone to hear her:

"Both times".

The kitchen suddenly erupted with laughter as Jas and Bruno both groaned with embarrassment. Jas pulled her hands up and covered her face, as Najuma pulled her into a hug. Will was bent over the kitchen counter, shaking with laughter. Even Youcef looked to be giggling a little.

Najuma pulled Jas's arms away from her face. "Babe, don't worry about it. At least we know you were enjoying yourself"

"Stoppppppppp" Jas groaned

"That's not what she said!" Thabi squealed

Everyone cracked up again, breathlessly congratulating Thabi. Jas bowed her head, silently cracking up, leaning on Najuma as Angie rubbed her shoulders.

Jas felt she must have been as red as a tomato "I hate you all. I hate you all so much"

"Except Bruno" Najuma played

"Nah, she's pretty into him" Angie played

"Not as much as he's into her " Will jabbed, setting everyone off again.

Bruno rested on his elbows, leaning over the kitchen bench, laughing along, and Jas could see the emotions fighting inside him. She could tell from the colour in his face that he was just as embarrassed as she was. But there was a glimmer of excitement in his eyes. She rolled her eyes, knowing that he was secretly absolutely made up about the fact that everyone had heard her. Heard what he did to her.