Hug-mugged

Bruno watched Jas walk out of the room with Angie, and he turned back to Kobi, sadly.

"What am I going to do without you, man?"

Kobi shrugged, laughing. "You've got Jas & Angie. And Cora. And the other boys adore you. You'll be fine."

"But they're not you! " Bruno whined.

He laughed again. "I'm going to miss you too, mate. It's going to be weird watching you guys on TV. I'm going to be able to see what everyone gets up to behind each other's backs"

Bruno laughed. "I suppose, though, the big question is... are you going to be watching it alone?"

Kobi blushed a little. "Um... honestly? I don't know."

Bruno stood silently, waiting for Kobi to break the silence with more talking about how he felt.

"Arghhh. Look. I just... I feel like I barely know her."

"She treats you like a doormat, man."

Kobi sighed. "I know. And a part of me kind of... likes that."

"No kinkshame" Bruno prodded

Kobi burst out laughing. "No! Not like that! I mean like, a lot of the time I kind of just find it easier to coast. Just let it happen. And I always find myself falling into relationships with women who have really specific ideas of what they want from me. As long as I give them that, then I don't have to..."

"A -ha ! You don't have to actually think about what it is that you want!" Bruno grinned. "A breakthrough! Juliet would be so proud."

Kobi laughed at him. "Shut up. It's true though. But it concerns me sometimes. Like... women like Lexi and Juliet... they can be cruel, man. Really cruel. I'm actually surprised that there's been no screaming yet. And I... I think I deserve better."

Bruno's heart swelled, and he hugged Kobi. "I'm so proud of you man. That's huge. And yeah, you do. I've hated watching you get with girls who treat you like a doormat."

Kobi frowned. "I'm worried about her, man. I'm actually really surprised at how well she's taking all this. I expected her to have a meltdown like Lexi. I wouldn't be surprised if she was leaving booby traps on her way out. Turning the girls against each other with little snarky comments and that."

Bruno laughed. "I'll keep an eye out. I'm just so proud you're seeing it all now instead of in 30 years."

Kobi beamed at him. "34 years mate, I've got longer than you until I'm 55."

Bruno scoffed, offended, letting Kobi continue.

"And I know. It feels weird. And it's going to feel weird to be doing all the interviews single and that, but... I just think I can do better. That I deserve better. That I deserve someone who looks at me the way Jas looks at you."

"You do. And you'll find her. God, your DMs will be full, man. And it still weirds me out that you and Jas were a couple, that's so weird. I can't believe you guys liked each other."

Kobi laughed loudly. "Oh god, for like, thirteen seconds, maybe. Massive sibling vibes, instantly. She's an absolutely awesome chick. Even if she does go for Brentford."

Bruno grinned at him. "Not if she wants to end up with me she doesn't"

"I think she's probably going to have a problem with getting married at Anfield, mate."

Laughing loudly, Bruno clutched his heart, "How dare you!"

They hugged again.

"I'm gonna miss you, man. It's gonna be rough in here without you."