Happily Ever After Part I

Bruno made his way to the platform with Jas and laughed when he saw what lay in front of them.

"Water balloons?".

"We were just in the pool!" she laughed, holding her hand up for a high five

"Win!" he grinned, gladly giving it.

Youcef walked over to the large tub and picked up one of the balloons. "Oh! It's heavier than... Oh no."

"What's in them?" James asked.

"It's paint"

The islanders gasped.

"If this gets in my hair... I will be very unhappy." Youcef said, frowning, as the others echoed his sentiment.

Will's phone chimed.

Islanders, today, you will be competing against each other to see which couple knows each other the best. If you answer incorrectly, you will be paintbombed by the other islanders. The last couple clean will win a date in the hot tub. Bruno and Jas, you will read out the first questions.

The islanders squealed with excitement.

Jas grinned. "I am pumped for this".

"You just want to prove how well we know each other." He chuckled.

She grinned at him. "That, and I like winning."

*

Bruno reached for the first card, as the islanders picked up their whiteboards.

For your first holiday, will you be staying in the UK, or going abroad?

His mind instantly conjured an image of her on the plane, snuggled up under a blanket, eye mask on, snoring softly, as they flew to Australia to meet his Aunt & Uncle. The thought had him smiling to himself, as he pictured her stepping out of the airport into the Australian sunshine, lifting her face to it. Of his arms wrapped around her waist as they stood on his Aunt's balcony, breathing in the fragrance of the ocean air. The tranquility of the waves in the morning was the most beautiful thing to wake up to. He loved it there. He couldn't wait to take her.

He grinned at her, using his left hand to write ' Abroad' .

The islanders flipped their boards, and he saw Jas's, which also read 'Abroad' .

"My guess would be that you'd want to do Christmas in Australia, so we'd go there. Right?"

He leaned across and kissed her. He looked around the rest of the circle. Angie and Oliver both said ' Abroad' . "We could do a two-for-one trip to south-east Asia" Angie smiled, glancing at Oliver, who was blushing furiously. "India and Malaysia"

Thabi and James both said 'UK'. She smiled. "We're dragging a whole heap of books to Scotland, and finding a nice quiet castle with a lovely fireplace and big, comfy chairs."

Will and Cora looked at their boards, which both said "UK", and both looked surprised at each other's answer. "I've got so many ideas for songs. I don't want to go too far for a little while." Will gasped. " Same! I'm feeling so inspired by all this. I want to get some stuff sketched before I lose the inspiration for it. Maybe we can take a quick break, but come back?" Cora beamed at them

Tiff and Youcef's boards both read "Paris".

Bruno raised his eyebrows. Youcef smiled. "I'm going to show her around."

"Okay... So... nobody gets painted then?" Bruno laughed. "Someone else gets a card"

*

Jas picked up the next card and gasped. "Oooh, this will be good."