Hello, Bruno

Despite being the second-tallest, Bruno somehow got stuck in the middle seat between James and Tom. But to make matters worse, he was feeling more than a little bit stressed about leaving Jas alone with Liv. Not because he was worried about the doll, or even the challenge. He was worried about Jas . She seemed to... not be enjoying it as much as he expected her to.

Had he come on a bit strong? Being so into it?

Was he freaking her out?

Oh god. He thought, wanting to kick himself a little.

The jeep pulled up to a large, very expensive-looking hotel.

"Oh wow ." He said. "We're going in here? "

Even Tom looked impressed.

Bruno immediately regretted not dressing a little nicer. He'd thrown on a clean white t-shirt and his chinos. He wasn't expecting a button-up shirt kind of outing.

Shit.

He whistled appreciatively at the incredible entrance, the large glass doors being opened by well-dressed staff. They were ushered through the doors, toward an enormous pool area, centered around the most sparkling, crystal-clear pool he'd ever seen, looking out over the beautiful Spanish coast.

This place was incredible.

The boys looked at each other... and were a little confused.

The place was empty except for a few small groups of people right at the far end of the pool area, who were surrounded by film crew.

The concierge ushered them in that direction, so they walked over. As they drew closer, Bruno squinted to try and see who they were. Production team?

The boys smiled politely at the group as they approached.

A man turned in his chair, looking directly at him. There was something oddly familiar about him. The eyes, maybe? He couldn't tell from this distance.

But then, a woman stood up next to him, and Bruno almost fell over.

She was short, slim, and impeccably dressed. Her dark hair was flecked with light streaks of grey. She was exceedingly beautiful, and had the kind of natural elegance that he'd rarely seen outside of...

Holy shit, and she looks exactly like an older version of....

.

.

"Oh my god, it's their parents"

"What?!" Tom whispered.

"That's Jas's mum. It has to be."

The other boys looked at the woman, who was now beaming at Bruno.

James almost gasped. "Oh wow, she looks just like her" .

As he finally made his way over, his stomach was already halfway down the leg of his pants.

But it was impossible for him to hide the grin on his face. As soon as he was within earshot, he called out to them.

"I think I already know who you are!"

The couple he assumed to be Lisa and David Walker beamed at him.

"Well, we definitely know who you are!"

He walked up to Lisa, immediately wrapping her up in a gentle bear hug. As he broke apart, he went to offer his hand to David, but realised his right hand was, unsurprisingly, still broken. The three of them laughed, and he went to offer his left, but David stuck his arms out, offering him a hug, which Bruno gladly accepted.

The three of them sat down, and Bruno groaned through the grin on his face, making them both crack up laughing. God, he was so nervous .

"So, er, before we begin, the producers told us they want us to do a soundbite to use in the promo, if that's okay?"

Bruno laughed. "Oh no worries, I'm pretty used to it, as I'm sure you'd imagine."

"Okay, okay, good. Because we've been practising."

Lisa and David both smiled at him, and then rested their elbows on their knees in unison, looking over at Bruno, with suspicious, playful grins on their faces as Lisa spoke.

"Hello, Bruno. We're Jas's parents."