Bye Bye, Lexi Longhole

****CW: This chapter contains brief discussion of DV*******

Jas and Bruno made their way to the dressing room, smirking at each other as Jas sat down at her makeup counter.

He leaned against the doorframe, and raised an eyebrow at her, watching her touch up her makeup.

"I'm never going to be able to see this room the same way again." she giggled.

"Well... you asked?" He rolled his lips together, to stop himself from smirking.

From the corner of his eye, Bruno looked out the window, spotting someone walking up the stairs toward the roof terrace.

"Kobi?" he wondered aloud.

"Oh, is he going up there?" Jas asked.

"Yeah, I think so. Poor guy. I'll go have a chat while you fix yourself up." He stepped in and pressed a kiss to her temple, before making his way out.

*******

Bruno knocked lightly on the door to the roof terrace before pushing it open.

"Hey...Kobi? You up here?"

"Hey man, yeah, it's me."

Bruno saw him, perched in the corner of the benches, looking wistfully out over the villa. "You okay, mate?"

"Yeah" Kobi muttered, unconvincingly.

Bruno plonked down on the bench, stretching his legs out in front of him, facing Kobi. "Talk to me man."

"Argh . It's fine, really. Just a bit sad about Lexi going home."

"But the vote hasn't even happened yet!"

Kobi pulled a face at him.

Bruno sighed. "Okay, fair. I know. It's not looking good for her."

Kobi sighed back. "It just puts me in such a weird situation. Like, We've been in the villa for less than two weeks. But it feels way longer. Even the few days I was coupled up with Jas, it's always been Lexi. It's just weird to think she's leaving."

Bruno heard the door close behind him as Jas joined them. She stood at his legs, tapping one, and he immediately spread them so she could sit between them. He shuffled in behind her, wrapping his arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder.

Kobi tilted his head a little to the side. "Awww. You guys."

She smiled sadly at Kobi. "Were you guys talking about Lexi?"

"Yeah" he replied, glancing off into the distance.

"Aw hun, I'm sorry. You know I'm not her biggest fan, but... I'm sad to see you sad."

"It just feels a bit weird. Like... I really haven't known her for that long. But the feelings I had for her were real. I know everyone says we were moving really fast... but..."

Jas stretched her leg out in front of her, resting her foot against Kobi's leg, brushing it affectionately.

"Honestly, hun, I feel like I owe you an apology. A proper one. And not just because I get it now. About the feelings. Just because it hasn't been a long time doesn't mean it's not real."

Kobi smiled at her. She squeezed Bruno's arms.

Bruno's heart fluttered, and he squeezed her back.

She continued "Mostly because I feel like a lot of this is my fault. If I didn't pick you in the first place, maybe Juliet mightn't have thought your head could be turned. And she'd have picked someone else instead."