Both of you? Really?

Jas giggled a little, somewhat amazed at how quickly Youcef had collected himself after being so dumbstruck by Tiff beforehand.

"As it was my idea, it's only fair that I begin. So, Kelly. Would you rather lose all your possessions and savings, or not do bits for 2 years?"

Kelly frowned. "Oh, god, I don't know the answer to this one."

Tiffany scoffed. "Babe, really? That's not even a fair fight. Bits over bobs. Every time"

Angie, Bruno, and Jas cracked up laughing. It was infectious.

Youcef smirked. "Okay, Tiffany, I will ask you your own question. Would you rather be a reverse centaur, or a reverse mermaid?"

What?

There was a long silence, followed by a tidal wave of hysterical laughter. Tiff laughed harder than anyone, but eventually composed herself enough to answer.

"Okay, so Bruno is exactly as he appears on TV, Youcef is exactly the opposite. Good to know. And also, obviously a reverse mermaid, because that way I can still breathe underwater. Very useful."

An extensive discussion followed, involving the many benefits of having a horse head and front legs, vs. the benefits of having a fish head and fins.

Will jumped in next. "Kelly. Would you rather trees scream occasionally for no reason or spiders be big enough and smart enough to open doors?"

Tom and Jas both shuddered.

"Oh, god, you'll give me nightmares," said Jas.

"Yeah, I'm with you. Not a spider person." Tom nodded.

Kelly giggled. "Honestly, I'm not that worried about spiders, but being that big? No thanks. At least the tree one would be kind of funny."

Everyone agreed.

"Okay, Tiff," Valentina asked. "Would you rather get a suitcase that has £10,000 or a suitcase that has a 50/50 chance to be £1,000 or £100,000?"

Ooooooh . Everyone took a moment to consider.

Tiff furrowed her brow. "Probably the first one. I'd rather go for something where I know what I'm getting. I couldn't live if I opened the case and I got £1,000, but I had a guaranteed shot at £10k!"

"As if!" said Bruno. "You can't get distracted by the other option. If someone handed you a briefcase that said, ' hey, this suitcase has a large cash prize in it, but even if it doesn't, you'll still get some consolation money' ? Would you turn that down?"

Jas stiffened a little.

Given what Juliet had told her the night before, Jas couldn't help but feel a little taken aback at his answer.

Not that it was wrong per se, not at all. He made a good point.

She just... it was nothing. Nothing at all.

She felt a little uneasy as the seed of doubt that Juliet had planted sprouted a little in her gut.

***************

A few more rounds passed, and everyone was feeling far more relaxed about the two new girls, who seemed to fit into the villa really well.

"Okay, that's enough grilling us for now, thanks very much. I'm gagging for an explore" Tiff said, jumping up from her beanbag.

"Ooh! Me too!" Kelly added. She reached her hand for Tiff's who pulled her up.