Paranoia

"Juliet, fetch Angie another drink"

Juliet glared at Jas. "She's not the queen, I don't have to get her a drink?"

"No, but Angie is a trusted royal advisor. I am your queen, and I demand you fetch her a drink"

Angie giggled, rolling her eyes.

"You don't have to get me a drink, babe. I'll get it"

Juliet shook her head, laughing. "Careful Jas, people might think you're enjoying this"

Jas grinned at her. "Oh I am. I am so much. Tom, is this what it feels like to be a rich person?"

Tom laughed, putting on his poshest voice.

"Oh no dearest, the fact that you have to give orders at all is simply beastly. You really must invest in those telepathic servants, they're just marvellous "

Jas laughed.

Tom grinned at her. "Besides, aren't you from Surrey? Not exactly slumming it, over that way."

Jas looked a little awkward. "Yeah but it's not like, household staff rich!"

Bruno chuckled beside her, looking a little nervous.

"We should ask our subjects to entertain us," Bruno prodded.

"Ooh! I agree! Should we do a game?"

"Yeah! Anyone got any ideas?"

"We could do a compliment battle?" said Thabi

Everyone looked at her like she was a fucking idiot. What a terrible idea thought Jas. Who would think that that's a fun party activity? They immediately opened the floor to other suggestions.

"Musical chairs?"

"Limbo"

"Paranoia?" suggested James

As soon as he'd said it, the other islanders hissed in agreement.

Yes, that's a far better and more interesting thing to do than a fucking compliment battle. Seriously? Fucking compliment battle ?

"What's that?" asked Thabi

Bruno explained.

"Basically, you sit in a circle and whisper a question to the person on your right. They have to say the answer out loud. So like, for example, if someone whispered to me "How many people in the villa do you think are hotter than Jas", I'd have to say 'none' out loud.

Jas snickered. Bruno grinned at her, and continued.

"But if someone gets paranoid, and can't take the suspense, and wants to know what the question was, they have to drink to find out, and then they get to find out what the question was."

Everyone giggled excitedly.

"Okay, let's do it then!" Thabi squealed.

Everyone settled in a circle, pulling daybeds, loungers, chairs, etc. in together. Najuma plonked herself down between Bruno & Jas.

"Don't want you two being too easy on each other" she giggled.

Angie tried to move once she realised Jas would be the one asking her questions, but Jas protested under threat of making her sleep on the lawn.

Thabi squealed again. "Can I start?"

"Sure, babe!" Jas nodded

She leant over to Youcef, whispering something in his ear. He looked around the circle.