He Jake'd her

When Bruno caught up with Cora, she was already out the door to the roof terrace.

"Cora, stop running away." He called after her.

He followed her out the door, and found her already sitting on the bench, stacking up pillows. As he let the door shut behind him, she started furiously punching them.

Bruno sat down on another bench, and waited for her to punch out her anger. She kept going for a while... so he came and sat down on the bench, picking up the pillows, and holding them for her with his good hand, and steadying them with his right elbow, so she could punch them at a better angle.

After a while, he started moving them at the last second, so she had to try to hit a moving target.

"She comes with the left! Uppercut with the right! Oh god, she's knocked them out! Cora wins!"

He made the faint sound of a crowd roaring in approval.

Cora burst into a fit of giggles.

"You're a fucking dork, Bruno."

"Spill it, ya divvy. What's up?"

Cora shrugged. "I just hate not knowing where I stand with Will. When he didn't pick me at the last recoupling, I was fine with it, but now... it's just the Will and Tiff show. And he hasn't looked twice at me. I just... I thought we had something really special. And now I just feel a bit discarded."

"And you don't want to talk to them about it?"

She shook her head. "Trying to have a serious talk with Will is useless. I just hate how easily things seem to be going with them and Tiff. I thought I would be fine with them seeing other people... but not when it means I cease to exist in the meantime."

Bruno nodded. "I must admit... I'm no expert in open relationships... or bein' poly... or anything. But... I feel like it's stating the obvious to say that communication is key. If you're feeling like Will isn't doing things the right way, you need to bring it up."

Cora pulled her knees closer to her chest. "Will doesn't talk though. That's what I said. He's got really specific ideas of what makes a relationship strong. And... I just don't know where I stand any more. I can't talk to them about it, because they'll just freeze up and run off. But I can't just pretend that my feelings don't exist either."

The two of them sat in silence for a while. Bruno wasn't sure what to say.

"I just want it to go away. I want to go back to when everything was all light and easy and-"

Suddenly, Angie burst on to the roof terrace. She looked pissed.

"Ange... you okay? What's up"

"Where's Jas?"

He furrowed his brow. "Around? I would have thought she'd be with you?"

She shook her head. "No... I thought she'd come find you. She's well upset."

Bruno's heart flipped, and his stomach dropped. He jumped to his feet without hesitation. "Upset? About what?"

"Oh god. Where do I... fuck." Angie exhaled. "Basically, Youcef pulled her aside and told her he's in love with her, and then she came to tell me, and she also told me that you guys said "I love you", and James was sitting on the beanbags reading her lips and telling Thabi, Valentina, and Tom what she was saying, so now everyone knows about Youcef, and about your thing, and Jas was really upset, and she was crying, and now I can't find her."

"Okay, woah" Cora exclaimed. "I don't even know where to start with that."

"Youcef did what?!" Bruno's face fell.