We're still here

The finale.

They were in the finale.

Bruno stood behind Jas, looking at their reflection in the mirror as he held her waist. The shimmery gold dress had crazily-large droopy sleeves which he didn't quite see the point of. But it had a very deep V right at the front which distracted him from them. It was a really cool-looking dress. Very finale-worthy.

But then, she could make a potato sack look like high-fashion.

"You look so beautiful, baby." He said, kissing her softly on the cheek. "Look at yourself. Look how pretty you are."

She smiled at him.

"So are you, my love."

"Oooh, I'm pretty? " He said, flipping his head back as if he was shaking his hair.

She giggled, and turned to face him. "Yes. You are. Beautiful , in fact." She pressed a soft kiss to his lips.

As she pulled away, he chased her lips with his, pressing another kiss to her, making her smile.

He sighed. "I can't believe this is it. We're going home. It's over"

"It feels like we've been here for five minutes. But at the same time... I feel like I didn't exist before Love Island. You know?"

He nodded. "I can't believe I'm going home with you . If someone had told me right before you got in the hot tub that I'd be walking out of here with you... I think I'd have died of happiness."

"Not nerves?"

He chuckled. "That too. I'm almost just as nervous right now."

She nodded. "Same. I'm absolutely bricking it."

" What if we win?" he whispered.

Jas shuddered. "I don't even want to think about it. I'm too nervous as it is."

He nodded, furiously agreeing. It was too much to think about.

*

The six of them stood at the entrance to the villa, hugging each other, already teary. They could hear the rumblings of the crowd outside. And they were all absolutely full of nervous energy.

Jas's heart was racing faster than it ever had before. They'd been watching on a small screen as they played the special opening credits scenes, and as the host announced Angie and Oliver, the crowd went absoslutely wild .

She watched as they played a highlights reel of Angie and Oliver's time in the villa, asking them questions about what they'd do, where they'd go next... And she didn't hear a single word. She'd have to rewatch it later.

Before she knew it, though, they were being ushered down to the firepit.

The six of them stood, holding hands in their couples.

She squeezed Bruno's hand so hard she thought she'd give him a cast to match his other one, and he squeezed back, far gentler, but she could feel that he was shaking a little.

It brought her back to the very first time she'd ever picked him.

He'd been so shocked. So surprised that she'd picked him. Had she misread all of their interactions? Their shameless flirting in the kitchen? Did he think she stood around, wrapping her arms around the waist of every guy she met? But the second she'd kissed his cheek, he'd completely melted underneath her. It'd felt like he was about to pass out. And he'd sat, staring at her, his hand shaking and sweaty.

And now, here they stood. Her man. Having handed his heart to her on National TV. Holding her hand in the finale. Their futures in sight. Their lives about to start.

And a screen appeared in front of them.

The camera crew zoomed in on each of them, cuing them to wave into the camera, and they heard giant screams go up as the audience outside cheered for them.

Jas could barely focus on what was saying, until a familiar, bubbly blonde appeared before them.

"Heyyyyy Islanders!"

"Hey Chelsea!" They waved.

"Are you ready to find out which couple came in third place?"

"No!" Bruno called back, prompting a laugh from the audience in front of Chelsea on the screen.

"Well, too bad, Bruno, because we're announcing it now."

"The couple coming in third place of Love Island Season 4 are.... Tom and Valentina!"

That was so fast, was that really fast? Was this all happening really fast?

Tom and Valentina hugged each other, and made their way around to the other two couples. Jas hugged Valentina tightly, followed by a huge one for Tom, too, kissing him on the cheek.

She took Bruno's hand again, as Tom and Valentina made their way through the villa, and out the front door, where they were greeted with an enormous scream.

Jas took the moment off-camera to hug Bruno, and take a sip of water, feeling like she was going to throw up.

Thabi looked like she was about to hyperventilate.

"Anyone else feeling like that happened really fast? "

Everyone nodded.

Thabi held out her hands. "Come on, guys. In, two, three four, Out two three four" .

They all breathed together, and Jas did feel a little better.

They focussed on the screen, as Tom and Valentina's highlight reel played. It had snippets of their first coupling up, their first kiss, the first time they went further than that... oh god, would they show all of that? Tom running away from Valentina, throwing beanbags at her, and many, many, many moments of them cuddling.

Awwww.

They were pretty cute together.

As they stood in front of Chelsea, answering questions about their time in the villa, Jas felt Bruno pull his hand away from hers, wiping it on his pant leg.

"Sweaty?"

"Very" he said. "I'm bricking it."

"Don't, babe. You'd make a much better carpenter."

He furrowed his brow at her, chuckling slightly.

"Thanks for laughing, it wasn't very good."

He smiled. "I'm too nervous to think of anything better, don't worry."

She grinned at him. "Just think of how much sex we'll be able to have once we get home."

He smiled. "You're right, that does make me feel better."

"You realise we're still here, right?" James teased

Jas poked her tongue out at him, and they all laughed.

"I can't believe we're the last two couples" she whispered.

Thabi nodded. "I can't talk about it right now. I'll vomit."

The four of them sat in silence, trying to breathe slowly, when suddenly they were called to the front door.

"Oh god, this is it. This is it. Oh god." she said.

Bruno squeezed her hand. "Think of the sex babe. Think of the sex."

Jas laughed, not sure if it was just nerves, but it broke the tension.

She could hear Chelsea's voice over the speakers.

"But now, without further ado, please give, like, a super warm welcome, to your final two couples for Love Island Season 4!"