You've come a long way

The four couples made their way out of the pool, moving upward toward the firepit, dripping wet. Jas took her place beside Bruno, and slipped her hand into his.

His hands were always warm. She wasn't quite sure how, but they were. They always warmed hers. And they always captured hers just right. He was never floppy when he held her hand. He always held it properly. Like he didn't want to ever let go.

James and Thabi stood on one side, holding hands, looking absolutely relieved to not be one of the couples at risk of going home.

To make it this far ... and not even get to go to the finale?

She felt him gently squeeze her hand and she smiled up at him. He smiled back, the warmth in his gaze doing far more for her than the roaring fire ever could.

James's phone chimed, and the islanders fell silent.

Here we go . She thought, as the nervous energy pulsed through her.

As he lifted his phone, he smiled at all of them. "No matter what this says, I just hope you all know, it's been an absolute pleasure being here with all of you." James exhaled loudly, and read out the text.

Islanders, only three couples can progress to the finale. One spot has already been allocated to James and Thabi. The other three couples have been subject to a public vote. The first couple who have progressed to the finale are...

Jas squeezed Bruno's hand. Probably too hard.

James's phone chimed again.

Bruno and Jas.

Oh my god

"Oh my god!" Bruno gasped.

The other two couples cheered for them, as she threw her arms around his neck. The unspoken joy of being safe, but knowing that they couldn't celebrate. It wouldn't be fair to the others.

He pressed a kiss to her cheek, and she sighed with relief, as they walked over to join James and Thabi.

Her hands were properly shaking as Thabi threw her arms around her, and Bruno threw his around James.

They switched, and Jas hugged James tightly, leaving a small makeup mark on his white jacket.

"Oh shit, sorry" she chuckled, brushing it off, as the others laughed.

She turned to face the other two couples, and her stomach was tied in a tight knot. One she wasn't sure even Bruno could get out of.

She smiled at Tom and Valentina, who were staring into each other's eyes instead of looking at everyone else.

Angie and Oliver were holding hands, and Jas caught her eye. They smiled at each other.

"Love you " Angie mouthed.

"Love you too" Jas mouthed back.

Please let it be Angie. Please let it be Angie.

She'd never spent a night in the villa without Angie. She was the only other original girl, other than Thabi. She felt awful... but it wouldn't be the same finishing it without her.

The knot in her stomach grew and grew until she felt a bit sick.

Bruno's phone chimed.

The last couple to progress to the finale are...

Jas looked at Angie, smiling.

And her phone chimed.

She looked down at it, reading it, the words searing themselves into her brain.