Epilogue 2 of 3

July 1st.

Four days until her birthday.

Two weeks until their first anniversary.

Jas had been packed for days, but of course, Bruno had left his until the last minute. She was stretched completely over the bed, enjoying the feeling of Kenny pressing his paws into her boobs, but he decided her pillow was a better spot. Bruno was holding his swim trunks in his hand, his brow furrowed, staring at the wall, deep in thought.

"Whatcha thinkin' about, baby?" she asked

Bruno seemed to jolt back to attention, throwing them in the suitcase along with a handful of his underwear. "Hmm? What? Nothing! Nothing's wrong."

She raised an eyebrow at him. "I didn't ask you if something was wrong... is something wrong?"

He smiled, only the tiniest bit shaky. "Nope, nothing. Nothing at all."

He turned away from her, busying himself with packing, and she narrowed her eyes suspiciously.

"Bruno..."

He seemed to stiffen slightly.

"Bruno, you're lying to me..."

Bruno turned, grimacing slightly. "I am. But I can't tell you what it is. It's a secret."

Jas bit her lip. "Is it about where we're going?"

A smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. "Maybe..."

"Is it about my present?"

"Maybe..."

"Can I guess what it is?"

"No!" He gasped. "No! You can't guess! You know I won't be able to keep it a secret if you start guessing, baby, please don't guess!"

"Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine" she groaned.

*

They arrived at the airport, and Jas smiled as she kept her noise-cancelling headphones on the whole time. She was almost certain she'd figure out where they were going once they arrived at the airport, but she, surprisingly, didn't see any glaringly obvious signs. Once they got close to their gate, she put her sleep mask on

She knew they were going somewhere warm, because he'd told her to pack her swimwear. She knew he wouldn't be taking her back to Australia without warning her - the jetlag had hit her so hard it took her three days to recover.

So she just smiled, didn't look around too much, and happily held his hand as they went through airport security. He told her to stay still while he took a few photos of her, posting them on Instagram. She could already feel her phone vibrating with the notifications.

They boarded the plane, oooh business class! And set off. It was only a few hours until she felt the plane starting to descend. She placed her hand on Bruno's arm next to her, and he brought his lips to her ear.

"Almost there, baby"

She brought her hand up to his face, affectionately brushing her fingers across his stubble, and he kissed her softly. Jas slipped her hand into his, and he gratefully held it. Bruno usually got a little nervous during take-off and landing.

*******

Once he'd collected their luggage, he directed her towards a large open area, and finally let her take off her eye mask. She squinted as her eyes adjusted to the light, but as she looked around, they widened. They settled on the sign above their heads, written in multiple different languages. But her eyes settled on the English one.