Final Date II

Before they got out of the Jeep, Bruno took her hand. "Nothing's going to compare to what you did, just so you know. But I hope you like it anyway."

He stepped out of the Jeep before her, and held his hand out to her to help her out. They walked down a long garden path, before turning a corner. It took her eyes a second to adjust to where she was, but when they did, she gasped .

It was a flower garden, with the most incredible amount of flowers she'd ever seen. The unbelievable array of colours was dazzling.

Countless blooms surrounded her, wrapping up trellises over a story high. Valencia Roses, hydrangeas, hibiscus, carnations, poppies, bluebells... she'd never seen so many different flowers in one place.

They walked through the gardens together, hand in hand, as she pointed out the different flowers to him. He pointed at one "Oh! Bird of paradise! My Aunt grows these."

She leaned over to catch a whiff of the flower. The herbal, spicy, almost fruity smell reminded her of summer.

They came across a beautiful garden swing, and they sat on it together.

"Bruno... this is beautiful!"

He pulled her closer to him, tilting her chin toward his, kissing her softly.

"Not nearly as beautiful as you," he said, biting his lip at the melty compliment.

She grinned at him. "I'll let you get away with how cheesy that was, but only because I'm genuinely so overwhelmed at how insane this place is!"

"Unfortunately we won't be here too long, but I wanted to bring you here first." He said, smiling.

"You are never going to stop surprising me, are you?"

Bruno stopped her. "Speaking of... close your eyes."

She grinned and closed them. She heard him quickly step away, and then some rustling, and felt his presence return as the swing moved underneath them.

"Okay, open. And please don't hate me if I got the meanings wrong. I got a lot of different answers."

Jas opened her eyes and squealed with excitement. Before her, was a giant bouquet of beautiful fresh flowers. He pointed at each of them in turn, and Jas noticed him blushing.

"So roses, for love, obviously. Peonies, meaning good fortune, cause I feel so lucky to have you, and tulips, which apparently means perfection, ' cause you are ... and um... they apparently also mean royalty. 'Cause... you know... księżniczka "

Jas almost teared up. He'd put so much thought into this. Who had he asked? How many people had he asked? Just because he knew that she loved the language of flowers. What had she done to deserve him being so good to her?

"Bruno... this is.... oh my god, baby, they're so beautif... hang on."

Her eyes got drawn to an odd-looking plant in the centre. She looked closer at it... before realising what it was.

"Bruno... Did you put a PINEAPPLE in my bouquet?"

He bit his lip, trying his hardest not to grin.

She looked at him for a second, then back at the pineapple, then back at him... and then snorted with laughter so loudly she thought she was going to choke. She immediately bent over, trying not to drop the bouquet, and desperately hoping she didn't pee herself from how hard she was laughing. The juxtaposition between the incredible romantic gesture and the pure silliness ... she looked at Bruno, almost in disbelief that he seemed to get her sense of humour perfectly.