Any regrets?

"First up, two of your original islanders, Thabi and James!"

An enormous cheer erupted as they stepped through the front doors of the villa. Waiting off to the side in the living room, Bruno just held Jas's hand, sweating profusely. As the applause died down, he felt his heart beating in his throat.

They sat out of the way, watching on the small screen as Thabi and James watched their montage video, the crowd cheering regularly at key moments. Bruno could barely concentrate. He was just shaking.

"And now, it's time to say hello to your longest-standing couple, Jas and Bruno!"

Maybe it was the blood rushing in his ears, but it seemed like the cheer for them was almost twice the decibels of Thabi & James's. He was almost certain that his mates from Liverpool must've made the trip for that to be the case.

But as the doors in front of him flung open, he was met with a deafening sound, and an incredibly array of bright white lights. Even on stage, he'd never been so blinded. His eyes adjusted quickly, and he squeezed Jas's hand as they stepped out.

The amount of people they'd been able to fit onto the front lawn of the villa was unbelievable. There were tables and tables of people. Friends. Family. Random strangers. He didn't realise there were so many people that came to these things.

He looked around, and spotted Thabi and James standing on the stage, applauding just as loudly for them and cheering.

He beamed at them, and he and Jas made their way over, standing at Chelsea's side.

"Hi guys! Take a seat!"

Still holding Jas's hand, they sat down on the couch behind them. Jas pressed up against him. She was shaking .

He instinctively put his arm around her.

"You okay?" he whispered.

She looked up at him, eyes full of terror. He wished there was something he could do.

"I will be" she whispered.

"We'll be home soon" he smiled.

She nodded.

He pressed a kiss to her head, prompting an awwww from the crowd. He looked up in surprise, prompting a laugh.

Jeez, I wonder if all my audiences at home will be like this.

*

"Bruno and Jas, let's chat, babes! How are you feeling? Bruno?"

"Nervous as all hell" He laughed. "But nah, I think I'm actually doing better than I thought I'd be. Probably a bit sweatier, but mostly good, thanks. How are you, though?"

Everyone laughed, and Chelsea grinned at him. "I think you might be the first person to ask me that all day! What a gentleman! I'm doing great thanks, babe! And I'm glad you're doing so well - must be all that stage experience! But what about your beautiful girlfriend? Jas? How are you feeling?"

Jas froze, as a camera swung toward her. He rubbed his hand on her shoulder, and she visibly relaxed.

"Absolutely bricking it " she said, prompting a huge laugh from the audience.

"Why's that?" Chelsea asked.

"I'm not sure, exactly. I think it's just the whole event of it. I just kind of can't believe it's all over, and that in a few days, we'll be going back to our normal lives."