That's all he did

He wasn't sure how or why, or what he'd done. He wasn't sure what someone in his past life had done, or who he had helped to deserve this, but somehow, everything he'd ever wanted had just landed in his lap. And despite his shitty overreaction, despite him insulting her, and her family, and still needing to apologise to her, she was here.

She was here and she wanted him.

All he could do was lean forward.

All he could do was take her face in his hands.

All he could do was kiss her.

So that's all he did.

She pushed herself into his kiss, immediately wrapping her arms around him as he brought her down next to him. He kissed her like he'd never breathe again, and she immediately reached down and pulled his t-shirt over his head.

All he had to do was lightly lift her singlet and it was off. He'd barely even registered it was gone until her chest pressed into his. She was just as desperate as him.

He just needed to be close to her. To feel her skin on his.

She was already tugging at his sweats, and he kicked them off. He pulled the waistband off her shorts down, and as she kicked them off he shuffled backwards, sitting with his back to the headboard.

He knew what they both wanted.

She climbed on top of him, straddling him, and lowered herself onto him. He brought the blankets up behind her, pooling them around her waist so no one would see her fully exposed if they came in.

They didn't even move. It wasn't about sex.

They just needed to be as close as possible.

As close as they could get.

And him being inside her was the closest they could be.

Like this, she could press her chest to his. He could hold her. Stroke her back. Like this, he could kiss her. Be inside her. Just exist with her. See her face. Hold her hands. Feel her hips on his.

So he just wrapped his arms around her and held her, whispering into her hair.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry Jas. I fucked everything. I'm so sorry."

"You haven't fucked it, baby. I promise. We'll be okay."

He pulled his head back.

"Jas, look at me."

She did

"You are everything to me. I need you to know that."

"You're everything to me too, Bruno. I need you."

"I need you. Who the fuck else is going to put up with me doing shit like this?"

She smiled at him, laughing a little. "No one. Just me. Only me. So I'm completely stuck with you, and you're stuck with me. It's in the terms and conditions, remember?"

Bruno smacked his forehead. "The fucking coupon! I completely forgot about it."

She beamed at him "Could've avoided this whole thing if you'd remembered"

He laughed, and just nuzzled his face into her chest. "I don't want to say it... We both know it's too early... but.. Jas...I just..." He paused, making sure she knew what he meant, before continuing. "...Thank you. For not giving up on me. For understanding I'm just an idiot"

She looked down at him, looking him straight in the eyes. She knew exactly what he meant. He knew she did. She kissed him again, moving her hips slightly, making him inhale sharply.