Treetop Date

Jas arrived for her date and found Dylan resting against a large tree. He grinned excitedly at her, opening his arms for a friendly hug. She gave him one, and he immediately pulled her in tighter than she expected, so that her breasts were pressing against him firmly. As she went to pull away, he dropped his hands to her ass.

"I'm so happy you're here, Min. I thought it was going to be far more difficult to come in here and sweep you off your feet."

Jas raised an eyebrow at him, smacking him playfully on the arm to release her.

"Dylan, you never struck me as the sweeping type. Or the type to do much housework at all, for that matter"

He chuckled. "I've always loved that about you, babe. You've got such an attitude . It's fucking hot "

She was a little taken aback. Jeez. He's coming on pretty strong. This is very unlike him.

"Let's go" he motioned. She walked along the elevated path before they came to a vertical rope ladder.

"After you, beautiful" he cooed.

"Something tells me that you letting me go first has nothing to do with chivalry."

He smirked at her, nodding up the ladder. She sighed and stepped onto it.

"Make sure you look out over the trees babe. Be a shame to miss out on a view like the one I've got right now."

Jas rolled her eyes.

He cooed after her as he started up the ladder. "But don't worry, babe, if you get scared, I'll protect you."

She waited for him to reach the platform with her. "What would I even need 'protecting' from?" she asked

His face immediately fell, and he looked sad. "I'll... maybe we'll have that chat at the end of our date, yeah?"

Jas was a little taken aback at his change in tone. He seemed... worried .

They completed the high-ropes course, chatting about life, and their parents, laughing about where they'd been and what they'd been up to in the near-decade they hadn't seen each other.

But something seemed... different about him. There was something sleazy about him that wasn't there when they were together. To her, he'd always been a bit more the nervous type. And this change didn't seem like him. Jas thought that he may have just watched one too many 'pickup artist videos' on the internet, trying to seem more confident. But she couldn't help but also feel like she got more and more self-conscious the more time she spent with him. She couldn't put her finger on what it was, but by the time she'd completed the course, she found herself wishing she'd worn something other than denim shorts and a singlet top.

He made his way over to the next platform, holding a branch back for her.

"I can do it" she laughed.

"Okay, sweetheart, don't be sensitive."

It suddenly hit her.

No, not the tree branch .

"Oh my god, you're negging me! That's what it is! Stop doing that!" she frowned.

He looked at her in disbelief. "What! I'm... no!"

"No, you're doing it on purpose! Saying all that stuff about saying how fit I used to be, and saying my arms are too delicate... or making comments about how you like my stretch marks. Stop it. You've been making me feel so insecure this whole time! You can't do that, Dylan, what the fuck?"