din djarin- you are in love

summary: din takes care of you and your mutual feelings for each other are brought up

din djarin x fem!reader

warnings: cursing

word count: 2142

inspired by you are in love by taylor swift

*written on 5/9/22

....

The moment you woke up you could immediately feel it.

The burning and scratching of your throat.

Just great you thought as you squeezed your eyes shut.

Your entire body shivered but at the same time, your palms sweated.

As you brought your thin blanket over your body and curled up closer to it, trying to absorb all of its warmth.

Moments later you felt your entire body warm up.

"Fantastic," you mumbled as you let out a painful cough.

Suddenly you felt something tug on your blanket.

You looked down to see Grogu peering at you, his eyes wide and a little smile growing on his face.

"Hi buddy," you smiled as you bent down and pat his wrinkly head making the child giggle happily.

"I'd get away from me if I were you though. As cute as you are I don't want to infect you," you drew back your hand promptly as Grogu cooed with displeasure.

The sound of boots clanging filled the air as you sprung up, trying to ready yourself for a day of work at the Razorcrest.

"You're up late," the Mandalorian leaned on the doorway, his helmet turned in your direction.

"I know I'm really sorry I just didn't get enough sleep," you lied as you made your bed.

You didn't want to burden him with your sickness because you knew he already had so much to worry about with his upcoming bounties, fatherly duties, and being able to support you.

You saw his helmet tilt to the side.

"Are you sick?" he questioned, his voice full of concern.

"Fuck," you whispered as you tried to hold in a cough.

How did he know everything?

You could see Grogu grinning on the floor, swaying from side to side as he watched the two of you interact.

"Uh no? Geez, that's so rude. Do you think I sound sick? This is my normal voice Mando," you crossed your arms over your chest.

You knew that Mando was definitely rolling his eyes from under his beskar as he let out a loud sigh.

"You know that's not what I meant, Y/N," he said as he drew closer and picked up the child beneath you.

"Fine, you caught me! How do you know everything?" you said dramatically as you threw your arms out in the air in defeat.

"I know you'd never be able to resist Grogu," he shrugged his shoulders.

"True," you whispered as the Mandalorian came close to you and brought one of his gloved hands to your forehead.

The cooling effect made you sigh with relief for a moment and your heart beat madly from the close contact.

When the Mandalorian had first hired you he had been cold and distant but as the months passed and Grogu became comfortable with you, so did he. His icy exterior had went away quickly and he started engaging with you more often. He would listen to you talk about everything and chime in at some points. He made you feel so special.