poe/reader/hux- this is me

Inspired by This is me by Demi Lovato lol.

Imagine having a day off at the First Order and going to a bar with Poe and singing.

Hux had decided to give a bunch of First Order officers a break and go to a bar. Kylo Ren also came to "supervise" their behavior in case it got out of hand and if the officers were becoming too drunk. He had invited you but you were busy. 

You were backstage doing your makeup and doing vocal warm-ups. You were preparing for a duet with your spectacular boyfriend Poe Dameron. A resistance pilot. If the two of you got caught, you'd both be executed. 

"Hey Y/N" he said giving you a kiss on the cheek while you put on eye-liner. "You ready to do our song?" he asked while handing you your microphone. 

"Obviously" you smirked sort of embarrassed. He was just too hot. "We're going to do this, babe" he took your hand and kissed it. "And afterward we'll have all the time by ourselves..."he whispered in your ear. His breath tickled your neck.

You stood up and kissed him on the lips for a moment. He tried to continue but you stopped him. "Save it for later, mister" you said shaking your head.

Poe shrugged his shoulders. "You know I can't resist you when your wearing that" he smirked while scanning you up and down.

You wore a sparkly black dress that was tight on your hips. 

You pushed his head away. "Come on, let's go and perform"

...

Hux, Kylo Ren, and the rest of the officers ordered their drinks waiting for the live performance. While they waited, Hux couldn't stop thinking about you. How your beautiful (h/c) hair framed your face. How your (e/c) orbs were intense while you worked. The way your body was... your lips which he dreamed about kissing....

"Can you stop thinking about my sister that way?" Kylo Ren looked at him. Although his mask covered his face, Hux could tell that he was serious and disgusted simultaneously. 

Hux blushed ferociously. "I apologize, Commander but your sister is very beautiful" 

The lights dimmed and the spotlights turned on the stage. It was bright.

Your heart beated quickly. You stepped on the stage with your back faced towards the crowd. You took a deep breath and started singing.

I've always been the kind of girl
That hid my face
So afraid to tell the world
What I've got to say but I have this dream
Bright inside of me
I'm gonna let it show
It's time to let you know

You turned around and faced the crowd singing your heart out. A grin was plastered on your face.

This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now
Gonna let the light shine on me
And now I've found who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I want to be
This is me, yeah

It was Y/N L/N singing. All the officers' jaws dropped. Hux's face turned red. It couldn't be he thought in shock. You were so confident and you looked so beautiful in that dress. You usually were so shy, he wondered when this spark came from. Your voice was so beautiful. He wanted to kiss you so much when he saw you. Kylo was clapping his hands. He cheered her on. 

Do you know what it's like
To feel so in the dark
To dream about a life
Where you're the shining star even though it seems
Like it's too far away
I have to believe in myself
It's the only way

This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now
Gonna let the light shine on me
Now I've found who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I want to be
This is me, yeah

The whole bar was on their feet dancing and cheering to Y/N. Hux couldn't help it. He needed you. After this song, he was going up there and was going to kiss you in front of everyone. He didn't care how many people were there. He didn't care if Kylo Ren was going to give him issues after that.

Poe Dameron came on stage with a huge grin on his face.

You're the voice I hear inside my head
The reason that I'm singin'
I need to find you
I gotta find you

You blushed. You loved him so much. You walked towards him and there was little distance between the two of you.

You're the missing piece I need
The song inside of me
I need to find you
I gotta find you 

The warm smile that was once on Hux's face disappeared. Who was this man? He was pretty sure the man was a pilot from the Resistance. The best pilot in fact. Poe Dameron. What was she doing? Doesn't she know that he's from the Resistance?! he thought. His insides burned with rage as you gave him a loving smile and the two of you were so close. Singing together.

This is real, this is me
I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be now
Gonna let the light shine on me, yeah
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I want to be
This is me, yeah

This is me

Now I've found who I am
There's no way to hold it in
No more hiding who I want to be
This is me

The song finished and the two of you stood smiling at each other. You cupped his face. You felt so much love for this rebel pilot. 

You kissed. And the rest of the bar cheered for the couple but Hux wouldn't have it. He felt rage everywhere in his body. He took out his blaster and shot the rebel pilot with a large boom.

Suddenly, Poe's lips were off yours. He was falling. He hit the floor with a thud causing the whole bar to go silent. 

"Poe!" you wailed and rushed beside him. "Someone help!" you yelled trembling. There was a large bloody wound in Poe's chest. 

Kylo Ren was no longer smiling. He hated it when his sister was hurt. But she was dating a rebel pilot. Without telling him!

"Retrieve her," Hux said, malice dripping on his tongue. Two officers went towards you.

Poe laughed, which caused blood to spill from his mouth. "Y/N, Y/N look at me, everything's going to be ok,"

"I can't do this without you," you sobbed holding his hand. 

The two officers grabbed you. "Lieutenant L/N, it's time to leave," they said monotonously as they grabbed your arms. 

"Stop, he needs help, please call someone you help him," you pleaded. 

A random man ran towards Poe, lifted him off the floor and carried him away. Probably a resistance member you thought. That gave you some relief.

Thoughts flooded your mind. How were the First Order members here? Who shot Poe? you thought. General Hux and your brother were right in front of you. 

"Lieutenant L/N, you are in huge trouble for fraternizing with the enemy!" he screamed making you flinch. 

"I'm sorry, general," you said in a small voice making Hux's heart crumble. 

"Take her away," 

Kylo Ren gently took you by the arm. "Y/N, I'll do my best to make sure you won't get into too much trouble," he squeezed your arm. 

"I need him, you don't know how many times I was about to switch sides" you confessed. 

"I've been in that same situation, Y/N, but when the time is right we'll go," he said.

"One day you'll meet him again, Y/N, one day"

Ok this kinda doesn't make any sense but I hope you like it :)