poe dameron- the other woman

summary: poe's girlfriend constantly cheats on him but when you tell him one night he loses it

poe dameron x gn!reader

warnings: cheating, cursing

word count: 1703

*edited as of 4/24/22

You clenched your fists in your lap. You couldn't handle the sight in front of you.

Poe's stunning girlfriend Ariel was making out with some random pilot behind his X-wing.

She looked blissful as she carded her hands through the man's hair letting out a loud moan making a wave of disgust wash over you.

 Ariel probably thought that no one was watching but you were. You were always observing. And you were filled with rage at the sight.

You first met her at a restaurant because Poe wanted you two to meet. When you saw her for the first time you had felt in your gut that something was wrong. 

She had given you a thin-lipped smile and barely said a word to you and was busy batting her eyes at Poe.

When she cheated on Poe you made sure to let him know of her actions but he waved your comments aside assuming it was a joke.

But it never was.

...

The next time you saw Poe was at a party the Resistance had thrown since they had won an essential battle against the First Order. 

Ariel was in his lap and he had his arms around her waist as they both laughed in unison.

You were overwhelmed by a sense of jealousy. More like envy.

Ariel didn't deserve Poe's love. He was so good while she was a liar.

You started towards Poe with a determined look in your eye.

"Y/N!" the messy-haired man grinned as he put his chin on Ariel's shoulder.

Ariel's eyes glazed over you, her lips quirking up as she brought a hand up to Poe's cheek, making sure that you watched in the process.

"Hey Poe is it okay if I talk to you?" you asked him with pleading eyes. 

"Well we're talking right now," he let out a hearty laugh.

"Silly girl," Ariel giggled as she dug her nose into his cheek.

You were really close to strangling her.

"I mean in private," you raised your eyebrows as Poe's mouth turned into the shape of an o.

Ariel glared at you, crossing her arms over her chest. She never liked you at all. When she was around you she always had her chin high and had a devilish smirk, almost as if she knew about your crush on Poe. Almost as if she knew she was the better girl for Poe. Almost as if she could read your heartbroken language.

"Is it okay if I go for a bit, babe?" he asked her, placing a chaste kiss on her cheek.

"Sure I guess," Ariel twirled a strand of her blonde hair with her index finger. Her nails were a dark purple color. She didn't take her narrowed eyes off you. 

He kissed her once more and then followed you into a secluded hallway.

You looked back to see Ariel's cold eyes glaring at you with hate and malice.

A smirk formed on your lips for a split second.

"So what's up?" he asked with a winning smile as he ran a hand through his hair.