obi wan- party blues

summary: you feel out of place at a party but a certain jedi helps you feel welcome.

this was so hard to edit. the writing before this was so bad and I know that this editing is also bad. i apologize.

edited as of 6/17/22

"Padme!" you called your best friend.

 "Are you almost ready?" you asked her while checking yourself out in the mirror, making sure you looked good for the big gala which was hosting a multitude of Jedi and well-known senators. 

You wore an off-the-shoulder green short dress that showcased a hint of your breasts. You didn't want to one-up your best friend. She was the queen after all.

"Yes, Y/N, can you just zip me up?" Padme called then entered the room where you were. She wore a long plum-colored gown with golden earrings that made her eyes pop. Her hair was in a braid top knot.

"Padme you look beautiful," you complimented while you zipped her up.

Padme turned towards you, flashing a radiant smile.

"Y/N, have you looked at yourself lately? All the Jedi and senators' jaws will drop!" she praised while raising her eyebrows suggestively.

"Padme, I swear to God you're lying," you laughed. 

"Y/N, you know very well that I'd never lie to you! Now stop fishing for compliments," she said with a giggle. 

"You know I'd never stoop that low," you rolled your eyes.

"Should we get going?" she asked as she offered her hand out to you.

"Yes," you said, taking her hand and squeezing it.

...

It was crowded inside the hall. 

Padme walked in blissfully without a wave of worry while you felt nervous in the aroma of all of these important people.

They were all dressed in the finest garments as they chuckled politely and sipped their wine.

You sucked in a breath nervously as your eyes flicked around the room.

Padme noted this and squeezed your hand. 

"You got this, Y/N, you deserve to be here," she encouraged. 

"I really don't think I do," you muttered under your breath, praying that she didn't hear you.

She didn't to your luck and instead, she grabbed two glittering glasses of champagne and handed one to you.

You downed it instantly making your friend's eyes widen.

"Easy there," she laughed, her pink lips forming a beautiful smile.

"Trust me, Padme, this is going to get me through this event," you lifted your glass in the air.

Before you knew it you were being introduced to a whole bunch of senators and Jedi with help from Padme.

There was one Jedi in particular that caught your eye.

He had auburn-colored hair and a well-groomed beard. He sported a glass of wine as he chatted with another Jedi.

Suddenly he turned to you and flashed a beautiful smile.

Oh shit, you thought as the man waved goodbye to the man he was speaking to and then approached you.

"Hello," he smiled politely and took your hand, placing a delicate kiss on the back of it sending shivers down your spine.

"Hello there!" you said with an awkward little wave.