Strawberries can't fix this.

Bonnie woke up. Immediately, her nostrils were greeted by a sweet maple syrup scent. Kol approached her room and knocked on the door, even though it was open. Bonnie gestured for him to come in.

"Breakfast in bed for a special lady," Kol said, holding the platters of food on a tray. There were pancakes with eggs and bacon, a bowl of fruit on the side, with a glass of orange juice to wash it all down.

Bonnie smiled and sat up on her bed. "Thank you, Kol."

"No need to thank me," he said, placing the food on her lap, then sitting next to her. "It's the least I could do after all I've done."

Bonnie felt bad. She didn't want him to feel like he owed her anything. She placed her hand on his hand. "I'm just happy you're here."

Kol smiled. He could tell that she meant what she said. It made him feel better about being back. Although some part of him still felt guilty for all he had put them through. "I'm happy to be here too. Anyways, I'll leave you to eat now," he said, standing up to leave the room.

"Kol, wait-" He turned around to face her. "Do you expect me to enjoy this delicious meal all by myself? You put a lot of effort into it, so why don't you join me?" She asked, holding the extra fork out for him to take. He seemed hesitant, so she pouted her lips into a puppy dog face. "Please?"

Kol sighed, "You know I can't say no to that face. Fine, I'll stay with you." He walked back into the room. Then took the fork from her hand and sat on the bed next to her. He used it to pick up a strawberry slice from her plate. "Wow, that's immensely refreshing."

Bonnie nodded in agreement. "Strawberries are always refreshing. Plus, they are the answer to any problem."

"Really?" Kol questioned. 

"Yup!" She said, then biting into her strawberry after. 

"Do you have any plans for today?" Kol asked.

"Nope, but I'm sure that as soon as I go downstairs, I will. Klaus or Hayley might need help with something. You?"

Kol began to rub the back of his neck, knowing that what he was about to say would make Bonnie tense. "I am meeting with Marcel today."

Bonnie crossed her arms. "I hope you're not meeting with him to get revenge."

Kol raised his palms defensively, "I don't plan on getting revenge on him or hurting him. The last time I got revenge, Hayley and Hope nearly died."

Bonnie exhaled, "Well, that's the past. Let's not even talk about it." The conversation seemed to make her very uncomfortable. "I think it's amazing you're talking things out with Marcel. I mean, he's like a son to Klaus, which I'm guessing means that he was once like a brother to you?"

Kol cocked his head to the side and scrunched his eyes. "Not really."

Bonnie playfully nudged him. "You know what I mean."

Kol chuckled, "Yeah, I understand."

"So, you know-" Bonnie began.

Kol cut her off, "Just for peace to reign?"

Bonnie offered him a slight smile. "Exactly. For peace to reign, be the bigger person and make amends with him." She then stood up from her bed and kissed him on the cheek. Which made his heart flutter. "I'm going to freshen up. I'll be downstairs in a few minutes. Thanks again for breakfast in bed. I appreciate it."

Kol grinned, "Anytime, darling." All he could think about was how much he loved her. He swore to thank the universe every day for putting her into his life. Kol stood up, then waved bye before exiting her room.