23 candles: Part Two

***A FEW HOURS LATER

Kol and Bonnie walked up the steps and stood in front of the door.

"Why is it so quiet?" Bonnie asked. Calling it quiet was an understatement. The Mikaelson home was never silent.

Kol shrugged. "Maybe they're sleeping."

"Can't be. It's around seven." No one in the house was an early bird, meaning they usually fell asleep late.

"I hope they are. That way, we can get some alone time," Kol said, wiggling his eyebrows in a flirtatious way.

Bonnie cocked her head, crossed her arms, and smiled. "We've been alone for almost the entire day together."

"Don't tell anyone this, but if I had it my way, we'd be alone together all the time," Kol said.

Bonnie's eyes narrowed. "Are you flirting with me, Mikaelson? I have to say, I'm flattered."

"Don't be flattered just yet. I have a surprise for you."

"Ooh. What is it?" Bonnie jumped.

"It won't be a surprise if I tell you," Kol said.

Bonnie slouched her shoulders in annoyance. "You're right."

A low laugh escaped Kol's lips as he opened the door.

"Surprise!" thousands of people shouted.

Seeing half of the town at their house, the couple's eyes widened.

Rebekah jumped off the table and approached them with a bottle of bourbon in her hand. "Our guest of honor is finally here."

"You threw a party for me?" Bonnie asked Kol, brows reaching her hairline.

"A surprise party for you," Rebekah corrected.

"Is this your surprise?" The witch questioned.

"What? No." He raised his palms defensively. "I didn't do this."

"I left a dress on your bed. Time to change!" Rebekah informed Bonnie.

Bonnie blew out her cheeks in frustration and made her way upstairs.

Kol pulled Rebekah to the side. "Why is half the town at our house?"

"Isn't it obvious? They're here to celebrate Bonnie's birthday!"

"I'm sure most of them don't even know who Bonnie is," Kol gesticulated.

Rebekah extended her neck. "Trust me. Everyone here knows who Bonnie badass Bennett is."

Suddenly, a trio of girls approached Kol, twirling their hair and chewing bubblegum. If they thought that that would turn him on, then they were wrong.

"Hands off, ladies! He's the celebrant's boyfriend," Rebekah warned.

The blonde member of the group giggled with scrunched eyes. "And who's that?"

"Bonnie. Bonnie Bennett?" Rebekah blinked at them.

"We don't know who that is. Sorry," she said, then walked away.

"You were saying," Kol replied, gesturing to the women who were now inches away from them. "Bonnie said she didn't want a party, Bex. Why can't you just listen for once?"

Rebekah pouted and crossed her arms over her chest. "Now you hurt my feelings."

Kol never felt remorse for insulting Rebekah or giving her a reality check when she needed one, but this time he did. "I'm sorry. It's just-"