Words of Sorrow

During the entire car ride home, Bonnie didn't hear the end.

You should have killed her.

Things are only going to get worse.

Do you understand the depth of what you've just done?

And now that they were back at the house, the compound to be exact, they continued to ramble about Bonnie's mistake of letting Kallidika go.

Bonnie took off her heels as her feet were killing her. "I'm going to sleep in one of the guest rooms. Night," she said.

"Who decided you can go to sleep while the rest of us lose our minds?" Klaus scolded.

Bonnie scoffed. "First, watch how you talk to me. Secondly, I went to work this morning, then Marcel's dumb party, to find the killer, who just happened to be my client. Therefore, not only am I exhausted, I am pissed. So, can you all just leave me alone? Please."

Klaus gave a mere nod. "Very well then."

Bonnie began walking up the stairs when she heard Kol muttering something. She stopped walking and turned her neck to see him talking to Hayley.

"I can't believe how unaware I was about how Kallidika truly is," he said.

"It happens to the best of us," Hayley said. "Don't be too hard on yourself."

Bonnie didn't want to say anything but didn't get the last word during their little argument twenty minutes ago. Now was her chance to. "Maybe, because you were too busy sucking off Kallidika's face to even think."

Kol wasted no time defending himself. "I was not."

Hayley's eyes widened, and she turned to Kol. "Wait, you kissed her?"

"What? No. Did you not just hear me say I did not kiss her?"

Elijah looked at each of them. "Let's be adults here, please."

Kol's gaze shifted to Bonnie, watching as she descended the stairs. "What is your problem? You've been insulting me since we were at the party."

"My problem?" Bonnie questioned, making sure she heard right. "My problem is you, Kol. Why did you go to Hayley about your problems with me, hm? If you're trying to turn my friends against me, it's working. Hayley's mad at me. You win."

"Give me a break," Kol said. He hated that she was playing the victim. "All this talk about me. What about you? You're always one to talk about professionalism and all this other crap; meanwhile, you swindled your co-worker to make me jealous."

"Oh, please." Bonnie crossed her arms over her chest. "You did the same thing, except you used my client."

"Okay, I'll admit, I did use Kallidika to make you a little jealous, but here's the difference; I don't work with her, and I actually had feelings for her, unlike you, who never had any feelings in the world for Jonathan! It just shows how far you would go to get what you want and not even care about who you hurt in the process," Kol argued.

"One, his name's Joshua. And, two, don't give me your shit, Kol. Breaking up with you was probably my best decision ever." Deep down in her heart, Bonnie knew breaking up with him was her worst decision, but she didn't care. All she wanted to do was hurt him like he'd been hurting her.

"Why do you even care?" Kol asked.

"What?"

"Maybe, I did kiss Kallidika," he said, which was a lie. "Why-do-you-care? It's not like you, and I are anything, anyways, so you're just overreacting, like you always do. Now, I understand why you're so bitchy-"