Hammered

Davina woke to the sounds of weeping. She scratched her head, yawning as she stood up from the bed. Davina groaned, taking slow steps to the sound of the cries. She turned the knob, opening the door. The room was dark because it was the middle of the night. Though, some light shone through the drapes from the moon. She frowned. "Again, Bonnie?" She entered the room and sat on the bed. She put her arm over Bonnie's shoulder and hugged her. This was not something that she wasn't used to. Most of her nights consisted of waking up at three a.m. to Bonnie crying and comforting her.

"I'm sorry," Bonnie croaked. She had sleepless nights without Kol by her side.

Davina rubbed her back. "No, it's okay. I'm here for you, Bonnie," she said.

Bonnie sniffled, trying to contain her tears. "I miss him."

Davina hated that she could do nothing to ease Bonnie's pain because Bonnie was like an older sister to her. "I know," she said. "I know."

MEANWHILE ELSEWHERE...

Kol caressed the woman's neck, thinking about how good she would taste. He looked into her eyes. "Promise me you won't make a sound."

The woman cried, shaking her head. "Let me go. Please."

"No can do, love," Kol said with a smirk. "The sound of blood pulsing through your veins only tempts me more. Now, be a good girl and keep quiet." His face had gone straight, and fangs grew from his gums.

The woman squeezed her eyes shut and stayed silent as she was told.

"Going through a ripper phase after your breakup? You are so typical, brother."

Kol turned around to face the familiar feminine voice. His eyes widened when he saw who it was; "Rebekah."

"Long time no see," she said. "Now, let her go."

Kol looked at the woman trembling in fear, then his sister, who wore a serious face; she seemed pissed. He sighed and looked into the woman's eyes. "Forget this ever happened and go home."

The woman nodded and walked away as soon as he let her go.

Kol gave her a fake smile. "So, she's alive," he said.

Rebekah rolled her eyes, ignoring his sarcasm. "Come with me."

***

Rebekah took Kol to the nearest bar.

"Two whiskeys, neat. Please and thank you," Rebekah said.

The bartender snapped twice. "Coming right up."

Rebekah looked Kol up and down, observing him. He looked different, and she wasn't sure if it was because she hadn't seen him in a while or if the breakup had changed him. His skin was paler, and his beard was fuller. And the usual sparkle in his eyes, whether happy or sad, was now gone. It was almost like the light in him dimmed after he and Bonnie broke up. And a smile or a chuckle wasn't going to convince her otherwise.

The bartender returned with their drinks and placed them in front of them. The siblings looked at each other and took a slow sip of the whiskey, flashing a mischievous smile over their glass. They set it on the table.

Rebekah glared at him, refusing to believe what she was thinking. "You sure we aren't twins?"

"Our mother has held many secrets from us, so I wouldn't be surprised if we were," Kol laughed. "You sure we aren't twins?" He mocked her. His laugh turned into a cackle.

The smile on Rebekah's face went faint, and her eyes narrowed. "What is wrong with you?"

Kol blinked back. "What...did I do?" That came out of nowhere.