Mutual feelings, Pt 1

"Bonnie, don't freak out, but we're dead. I don't know how or when it happened, but it did and Genevieve is going to help us figure out this madness," Kol said, taking slow steps to her. "For now, we need to focus on you. There's dark magic inside of you. It won't be long until it consumes you."

Bonnie's heart sank hearing what Kol said. Sure, she's died before, but dark magic? That was new. She's seen with her own two naked eyes what it has done to other witches, so it scared her to think about what it could do to her. "Wait, so I'm a walking bomb?" She asked, her chest moving up and down with rapid breaths.

Kol tilted his head at that. "I mean, I wouldn't say you're a walking bomb-"

"But I am!" She exclaimed as she stood up from the couch. "If it has already seeped into my heart, it's only a matter of minutes until it poisons my mind!"

Kol put his hands on her shoulders in an attempt to comfort her. "Bonnie, dear, I need you to calm down," he said. "I won't let it poison your mind."

"That's not something you can control. None of us can control it. It's nature, an upside-down version of it," she said, rubbing her forehead in distress. "How did this happen to me?"

"The answer to that is obvious," Genevieve said. "Whoever killed you guys must have transferred it to you, Bonnie."

Suddenly, Bonnie felt a wave of bitterness dwelling in her spirit. "I don't feel too good, Kol," she said, a hand on her chest. She looked like she was going to puke.

"What do we do?" Kol asked Genevieve, knowing it was the dark magic effects on her.

"I have to find my ancestors' gemstone. Every coven has its own gemstone used for times like these."

"Well, where is it?" Asked a desperate Kol.

"I haven't seen it in ages, but I know it's somewhere in the house," Genevieve said. "I'll go look for it."

Bonnie's eyes searched for a dangerous object. The closest thing next to her was a glass vase. Before Kol could register what she was doing, Bonnie pushed him away and clutched the vase. "Do not take another step," she warned Genevieve.

Genevieve turned around. Luckily, she hadn't gotten too far. "I know we've had our differences, but can you please drop the vase? It's a gift from someone dear to me."

"We're dead, so why does it matter?" Bonnie asked, clearly taunting her. 

"Look, I know I hurt you, and-"

"And what?"

Genevieve couldn't bring herself to say it; she had too much pride to apologize. "Bonnie, just drop the damn vase!"

"Okay." Bonnie let go of the vase; it fell to the ground, shattering white.

Genevieve took in a sharp breath. "My mother bought that for me before she died," she said, her voice shaky.

The sound of the glass breaking snapped Bonnie out of it. "I am so sorry, Genevieve," she said. Bonnie didn't necessarily like Genevieve, but she wasn't heartless. She knew the importance a dead-loved one's items holds.

"Sorry, my ass," Genevieve seethed. "Bonnie, you are the weakest person I know! It's so easy for you to be manipulated by dark magic, huh?"

"Don't talk to her like that," Kol said, pointing his index finger. "She can't control it."

Bonnie felt something come over her. And there she was, Bonnie 2.0. She picked up the sharpest fragment from the broken vase off the floor, playing with it in her hands. "Hey, Kol. Do you think this is sharp enough to dig through all three layers of her skin and into her trachea?"