23 candles: Pt 1

><

THREE MONTHS LATER...

Bonnie's alarm startled her awake. She fell out of her queen-sized bed. Instead of struggling to escape the comforter tangled around her, she laid on the ground silently. Her lips folded into a scowl.

The alarm continued to buzz, but she didn't make a single move to turn it off. It was her way of saying "screw you" to the universe. I mean, seriously? It was only five seconds into the day and she already had a headache from something as simple as falling to the ground in a heap of sheets. Who even set the damn alarm for seven a.m?

Suddenly, Kol walked into the room. Bonnie couldn't see him, but somehow she knew he was there. Odd. He had a smirk on his face. If Bonnie saw it, she'd probably curse him out. Reluctantly she decided to be a big girl and start her day instead of lying on the ground in her feelings.

She stood up and stared blankly at Kol. His arms were held behind his back and he had a stupid grin on his face.

"Instead of helping your girlfriend who was trapped in a pile of sheets, you stand there and smile?" She questioned with an extended neck.

Kol gave a one-shoulder shrug. "Well, it looked like you were enjoying having your face flat into a century-old floor. I was just being a good boyfriend by allowing you to do such."

Bonnie cursed to herself. When was he ever wrong? She held her arms out wide and threw herself, hopelessly, onto the bed. She stared at the walls above her and sighed. "Ugh. You're right," she said.

Kol chuckled. "Aren't I always?"

"Shut up and join me," Bonnie said.

"Because you asked so nicely, I will," he said, sarcastically. He waltzed to the bed and laid down on it, staring at the ceiling above him.

"I need you to be honest with me, Kol."

Kol wasn't sure what he had to be honest with her about but obliged anyway. "Alright," he said.

"Did you set my alarm for seven a.m.?" She asked.

Kol smirked. Bonnie could sense his stupid smirk even without looking at him. And because she could, she didn't need to hear a yes or no from him. That smirk alone told her: he set my alarm for seven freaking a.m.

"I know you know the answer to that," he said.

Bonnie closed her eyes and sighed. "I love you so much, Kol. You know that?"

Kol hummed at that. "Who doesn't love me?" Narcissist much?

"And it's me loving you so much that is stopping me from wrapping my two hands around your neck," she hissed.

Kol gasped exasperatedly. "I feel threatened, darling."

"You should."

Kol chuckled. His mind wandered elsewhere when he remembered what today was: BONNIE'S THREE MONTH COMING BACK TO LIFE ANNIVERSARY! "How are you feeling?"

And there it was, one of the many questions Bonnie hated answering. Why? Because emotions are weird. You could be happy, but happy at what? The fact that you came back to life three months ago when you shouldn't have died in the first place? That's how Bonnie felt. But because Kol was asking her, she decided not to mention that part. The last thing she wanted was to have him worrying about her again.