For what it's worth.

><

He couldn't dodge this one, the first one piercing his abdomen and Kol groaned in slight pain. He tried to pull it out, but it hurt way too much, considering it was pieces of wood from a White-Oak tree.

The second piece missed effortlessly, landing right above his head. He was taken aback by the magic, his mind trying to piece how she turned regular wood from a chair into the wood of a White-Oak tree. Bonnie didn't give him a chance to stress out an option and he fell to the floor, using one hand to hold his stomach.

She now had one more stake left and this time, she knew she had to aim straight for the heart. But before she could kill him once and for all, she wanted to make him suffer. So, she threw the stake to the side and grabbed the sides of his head, hands casting it like a crown. "Coque saguinem suum, et exprime cor euis."

Something jolted in his chest, and Kol tried to contain his next shout of pain, closing his eyes at the wave of agony. "Bonnie-"

"Coque saguinem suum, et exprime cor euis," she chanted, ignoring his cries for her to stop. His heart tightened again, it was a strain so powerful that he thought it was going to explode, break, and shatter.

She knew that if she said it one more time, Kol would die at her hands. Bonnie wanted to make him pay for all the chaos she had to deal with at the mention of his name. And she knew she was going to do it: kill the almighty Kol Mikaelson. "Just kill me and get it over with. The pain is unbearable," he said, trying to catch his breath.

Bonnie shrugged, "Well, thanks for giving me the consent to..." She picked up the stake and caressed its edges, admiring what it symbolized for her: death. But before she could stab him, she wondered, He's a vampire. He is strong enough to snap my neck with his bare hands, even with him as weak as he is now. So why didn't he do it? Her heart seemed to whisper its answer: Because he loves you. It made Bonnie scared and angry, so she let her mind make the decision. She stood over him, holding the stake over her head with both hands, as she prepared to kill him.

Suddenly, Bonnie took in a sharp breath when she felt this daggering pain. Kol's eyes widened when he looked down to her stomach, to see her dress bleeding red, and a knife stuck through it.

Sophie uncloaked herself and sighed. "I'm sorry, Bonnie, but I had to do this," she said, then making herself invisible as she exited the shop. Bonnie fell to the floor, her eyes closed, and blood excreting out of her body.

Shock plastered itself onto Kol's face and immediately, he closed his eyes. He had to save her. Why? Because he loved her. And a love like theirs surpassed any and everything. When he opened his eyes, he was him again: he turned his humanity back on.

He ran over to her as she was only a few inches away from him, shouting, "Bonnie!". Looking at her, he grasped her head. Her eyes were closed and he knew that in a couple of seconds, she would be dead. He bit his wrist and shoved it into her mouth. Almost literally shaking in fear, Kol cried, "I'll be good for you, Bonnie, I promise! Just please, don't leave me."

He hadn't cried over a girl in a long time, and that only proved how much he cared about her.

After a few seconds, Bonnie was still unconscious. Keeping her body in his arms, Kol accepted her fate: she was dead... He began to cry, as he rocked her upper body in his arms.

Abruptly, Bonnie gasped, trying to catch her breath.

"Bonnie! You're alive," he said, pulling her into an embrace.