Perfect

Turns out, that Bucky wouldn't let you wonder about ignoring him for very long.

He came down to the club ten minutes after Pietro had arrived to keep you company. You had both watched his car approach on the cameras, him getting out, and pounding on the door. You both watched him get his phone out of his pocket, and call you multiple times.

Eventually, Pietro had to go down, once you realised he wasn't going to let up.

As soon as he opened the door, Bucky marched towards him.

"Let me in." Bucky ordered, but Pietro just shut the door behind him. Pietro noticed Steve was standing by the car now as well.

"She's safe here."

"Bullshit." Bucky spat, going for the door again, but Pietro was quick to block his path. Bucky reached for his waistband.

Again, Pietro was fast to intercept his movements, grabbing his forearm before he could reach his gun.

"Gonna threaten to shoot me while she's up there watching?" Pietro asked with an edge to his voice, as he pointed Bucky to the cameras by the door. Bucky looked at them, and after taking a few breaths, he dropped his hands.

"She needs to come back to mine, she isn't safe here." He said to Pietro.

"We have a lot of security-"

"It's not that. They knew where she lived. They could know where she works as well."

"It's no different to knowing the address of your building is it?" Pietro asked, folding his arms across his chest. "I'm not saying I agree with what happened, but in terms of her not being safe, that's on you Barnes."

Bucky ran his hand over his face, then put his hands on his hips.

"She just needs some time to think everything through." Pietro said.

"She didn't want to give me that luxury."

"Well, she can be...reactive." Pietro smirked. "I'm sure you know that by now."

Bucky clenched his jaw. He did know that. Very well.

"I can get her to talk to you, but not today." Pietro said as he saw Bucky thinking. "Come by tomorrow, 2pm. Doors don't open to the public until 8."

Bucky eventually nodded, and allowed Pietro the head back into the club, waiting until he heard the loud, mechanical click and thud of the internal lock falling into place. He turned back to Steve with an angry expression, his jaw set, and got into his car.

It took Pietro three hours to convince you to meet Bucky the next day. An hour of arguing, an hour of you listening, and an hour of reasoning. You did need to speak to Bucky about all this, and you really did want to. But after finding out he'd put you on leave at your job, it was like the final nail in the coffin. The stress of keeping the secret, him kissing you, finding out about him being part of the Mafia, then losing your day job, it was finally too much. You had lashed out because you had no control anymore.

You needed to be in your own space to think everything through, but during the 'reasoning' hour of yours and Pietro's talk, you realised you also needed to get you and Bucky on the same page. In the end, you were thanking Pietro for pushing Bucky until tomorrow. That gave you tonight to work out everything you needed to say.

The next morning, you left The Red Room to grab a coffee from the shop, just before Bucky was due to come round. You spent the walk thinking through what you were going to say to him, what you wanted to explain, to ask. Trying to work out how he would react after you've both had a few days apart.