Chapter 8- Worship his Queen, Worship her Don

LUCIANO cleared his throat as he waited for Dante to close the door and seat himself inside.

"Is it done?" He asked as Dante's eyes rose to meet his.

Nodding, Dante winced and discreetly laid his hand over his ribs but Luciano saw it, his eyes narrowing.
"Message received. Just like we expected, his other ally pulled from the deal. Coward" He scoffed at the last word and it made Luciano smirk.

As a young boy being educated about the world of crime, Luciano heard of a lot of chaos and bloodshed. His guards were tough, his father too and he never thought any man who chose the life could be scared or deemed a coward. However as he grew into a man, he realized all it took was power and the true insight of advantages and disadvantages, and those things induced fear.

Only the strongest and most intelligent men to use their opportunities correctly could prove fearless. So he once thought. He wasn't fearless, no man was fearless, there was something everyone feared to be taken from them.

Now he knew the man fittest to survive was the one who sought to exploit those fears and used them against his opponent. That was Luciano. Still, he hadn't found out the slightest hint of Laura's fear besides being nothing to him.

"Am I done?" Dante huffed obvious to Luciano drifting into his thoughts.

"No," Luciano said and Dante clasped his hands into his lap awaiting his new job. Even though he claimed that was all he was doing, he knew whatever these jobs were, were important ones. Needed to be error free or else it would fall back on Teresa's and their children's safety. He wouldn't allow that to happen.

"Santino's Capo and his second. They have proven themselves disposable haven't they?" He smirked, with clear intent prominent in his eyes.

Dante groaned as he rubbed his forehead. More killing them. "Why do I get the feeling I've been assigned specifically not because of my expertise?"

Luciano chuckled. That feeling was right.
"Public," He said. One word and Dante already knew as his eyes widened in surprise and confusion. He readjusted his seating to lean forward. Luciano didn't do things in public he tended to want to keep the public uninvolved and safe.

"That's like sloppy work" Because only amateur assassinations were normally sloppy unless the boss wanted the world to know a war was happening. They tended to want to keep that under wraps the past few years. Even with authorities in pockets, still, it wasn't a good look for other allies to know.

"But it isn't" Luciano countered. "I want the citizens to be well informed. Keep them in their homes, off the streets and safe. I prefer to prevent as many innocent deaths as I possibly can" He said.

Dante's eyebrows furrowed. The reasoning was a contradiction to his thoughts. However, Luciano was right. Many wouldn't want to be anywhere near the madness that was soon to take place. Especially the ones with children.

"Anything else?" He sat back in his seat, asking.

"Make sure they find him" Luciano smirked and it was cruel and ominous. Dante again liked his thinking. What way to show the enemies they are nothing but cockroaches than killing their best men in public for the world to know and in the open for them to see?

Their reputation would dwindle faster than a raging wildfire.

* * * 

Adriano was pulling down the collar on Tino's shift after he was playing with them. The boys hadn't been wearing fancy clothes but they were dressed in luxury due to their father. They both matched with soft-sleeved shirts, Luca's two shades of gray and Tino's black with grey cuffs on them. They both wore gray soft pants with their respective color shoes.