P70

IT'S been a day since her talk with Nala and Adriano's departure to Milan to murder Santino's Capo. A day since she gave Dante her first command as a Queen.

"I miss you too," She said into the phone. Nina was on the other end with a pouting face and shoving a spoon of ice cream into her mouth making Teresa giggle and crave it at the same time. Nina was able to go out and about in crowded groups as long as she had bodyguards with her. Because not many people from Santino's organization knew of her, Luciano claimed she was safer than Teresa would be if she were to go out.

She could've asked him and he would tell her no but she knew if she begged, he would cave. That was the reason she didn't want to ask. He knew better, knew the risk and she wouldn't jeopardize their relationship with the advantage of her husband never wanting to displease her with entrapment.

Part of their relationship failing, in the beginning, was because she felt trapped and Luciano would do everything to assure she never felt that way again. She was resisting the want to make him face those choices.

However, every day was the same. Luciano would be gone for hours, she would work out and spend her time binge-watching shows or movies, laying around and about and he would return with some spec or stain of blood on his clothes or body. They would bathe together, sometimes shower if he wore more blood than usual but he refused to do it alone. Maybe it was him trying to keep their connection alive and assure them she didn't feel neglected or needy of him again.

Also in his words, it was to assure him she felt no disgust in him knowing how the blood got there. Even after all the reassurances, he continued to need it and she continued to give it because it was about a give and take.

She needed his attention often and he tried to give her as much as he could but Nala demanded her to focus on herself when Luciano was gone. It was a simple task so she could begin to feel less alone when Luciano wasn't home and Teresa took that task.

Of course, those first two weeks were hard but then she had gotten into a scheduled routine and focused on her body goals.

Well, that was until one week she puked and thought it was the food but thought better and took a pregnancy test that confirmed her suspicions. She was pregnant. It made everything much more complicated. She slept in his arms day after day withholding that secret.

Yet after yesterday's talk with Nala, she would finally tell him. She wanted to tell him after he completed his task which was murdering Emilio. She didn't want to give him any distractions.

With some thinking, Teresa understood why Emilio was Luciano's target. He was technically the tape that binds the families and Santino. A mediator she would say. He convinced the families on Santino's behalf because if he didn't, Santino would be in more trouble than he was now.

Emilio was also loved and very respected by many. His death would make Santino and his power crumble. Luciano wanted to break their spirit and make them feel hopeless. Then it would be Santino's turn. That's when it would be over. When the Don was gone.

Through all of that, Luciano had been adamant about his flexibility to keep tabs on her family for their safety. His father still had old connections from her uncles and he had his men and for her siblings. Luciano sent guards over to Brazil and they kept him updated every few days. Teresa imagined Georgia coming onto one of them except she hated dangerous men.

Without Dante in Italy watching over her, she had guards stationed all around but none of them except for her driver were allowed in her home per Luciano's orders. She was sure it had more to do with how she often walked around in lingerie than her safety.

"Teresa?" Nina called out and Teresa shook her head, her ears snapping back to hear. She hadn't meant to zone out.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to come over?"