P79

ONE of their men did just that. Walking outside and stood before the door as he lit a cigarette. "This is bullshit" He huffed as it was empty except for their jet and cars. He couldn't believe they flew to New York to torture some bitch.

As he exhaled, smoke filled the air and toxins his lungs, he took a small glance around.

It was pathetic, he thought. He wondered why his boss didn't ditch Laura when he had the chance. She was giving him an heir and she was the conflict of interest to Luciano so why not end this shit then?

He rolled his eyes and took another inhale.

As he exhaled, his eyes narrowed as he thought he could see something coming toward him but he didn't know what it was. That was until it sliced his throat and he instantly began to choke on his blood.

He began to wheeze, both his hands cupping his wound as he sunk to his knees and the cigarette hit the floor not long before he did.

His eyes widened at the shadowed figures coming up to him until he saw their faces. Luciano stomped and crushed the cigarette with his shoe as Adriano picked up his blade and wiped the blood on the man's suit.
"Nice aim" Luciano chuckled.

"Well, I didn't train for nothing"

Luciano grinned. "So how are we doing this? Go in, shoot everybody?"

Luciano nodded even though Adriano had been sarcastic. "Laura and Santino remain alive understand?"

Luciano turned around to stand before their men. They only had but a dozen. Luciano hadn't brought many with him in Atlanta and Teresa had only sent a small group of men for Dante. He was glad she did. They may not have been big, but they had numbers and they had guns.

"Well, let's go get our Queen then"

Laura huffed as she clicked her nails onto the chair she sat in. She checked her watch, it's been fifteen minutes since she assaulted Teresa. As she stared at her, she grew with more fury that she hadn't had enough yet. Not even when her eyes shut and her breathing slowed. It wasn't slow enough.

She sprung from her chair with a pout to Santino. "I'm tired of waiting" She huffed.

Juan turned, standing beside her grazed her arm with his hand. She smiled. Santino rolled his eyes at the two. "Why don't we waste her right here?" Juan asked.

He glanced at Laura who was chipper of the idea. He pulled out his 9mm. "Ladies first?"

She happily took it from his hands. "What a gentleman" She smiled at him then Santino who hadn't said anything as she walked over to Teresa.
She gripped her face despite Teresa not being completely conscious to know what was going on. She only moaned as she let her head fall to her side again.

Teresa thought maybe if she pretended to be as hurt and unconscious, Laura wouldn't want to kill her just yet. Her pride was high and she would want her enemy to face her in the eye when she took their life.

Right?

Laura frowned as Teresa's eyes barely opened. They closed just as quickly, her eyelids heavy.

Or so Laura thought.

She gave a sound of disgust and released her. Teresa thought her interest died there but instead, Laura's lips curled upwards into a...smirk?
Santino took a step forward, they were too quiet.

"On second thought"

Adriano, Luciano, and the rest of the men all halted once a gunshot followed by a male's yell, rang through the air.