P76

DANTE chuckled, his wrists raw, his body cold and aching and the seconds' eyebrow rose. "What's funny?"

Dante shook his head with a sigh. "That you think Adriano will allow her to come. Alone. She's smart and she won't listen to you" He said but he did not believe it, only trying to falsely prove this was nonsense, and a failure to bait her in but Dante knew, he knew it would work.

"I don't know man, from what Laura says, Teresa's as susceptible to fear as she is to love. Easily moved when it's the ones she loves the most in danger yeah?"

He walked around Dante and his jaw clenched.

Ones she loves the most.

Dante could've laughed, but he didn't. What if she came?

"I mean she abandoned Luciano for four years and took his children. Talk about fear" He chuckled. He stood before Dante with grave eyes. "Don't even try to sway me, Dante Russo. I know she loves you"

Dante bucked and yelled making the second jolt back to a further distance Dante could not reach. "You're a fucking coward" He snarled.

"All of those men?" He tossed his head back with about that pained him but he was too amused to care. "Walked straight into their deaths. C'mon, untie me. Face me like a man would"

Even as the second assessed Dante's injuries, his eyes glazed over. Not with the thought, that he would win, but the logic that he would lose. So he tugged Dante's hair back with a smirk. "A man?" He chuckled. "Who is beaten here? From where I'm standing, it looks like I've already won"

He began to laugh but Dante jolted and spat in his face. He didn't care about the consequences next. It was a fist to his jaw and it rattled his brain. "Keep it up" He wiped his face. "And maybe I'll just kill her too"

Dante smirked. Oh, he was doubtful. "Laura won't approve. This is all because of her and her fucking obsession with Luciano. The bitch can't see when she's unwanted!"

Again, he was punched but this time so hard his vision winked in and out. Dante spit out blood to the floor.
"A trade?" He chuckled. "Bullshit. I know Teresa isn't the only prize here. My brother wants me, doesn't he? Wants the satisfaction of making my life hell"

The second shrugged. "Can't say it's a bad idea. While you idiots were going after our team, we were after your family. But I won't spoil that fun"

Dante tilted his head. He wondered did these men know if Santino got his hands on him, he wouldn't kill him. They were brothers and he would make his life hell but the worst mistake would be is keeping him alive. So he smiled and showed all his teeth and made a promise.

"I'll kill you"

"We'll see," The second said right before one of his men knocked Dante unconscious.

He stared at Dante, he wouldn't admit to the men that he was strong. That even after being beaten by a dozen men, he held his head high and prioritized a woman's safety before his own. Even strong enough to taunt his aggressors.

The second phone rang, it was Laura. He gave his men a look and they walked out before he answered.
: Is it done?

"Of course, Teresa's on her way"

She squealed and it made him smile. That gorgeous voice. He was ecstatic that he was the cause of her joy. 
: Okay listen — She said.— Don't be stupid Juan. Adriano will come

"Yes, I am aware. I'm prepared for their ambush"

: And my mother?

He smiled. "Taken care of"