Chapter 7 -Her turn

WHEN this war is over, I'm getting on a plane and you're either getting on it with me or you're not. I'm not Luciano. I won't fucking share you.

Closing her eyes, Teresa sighed as her hands rose to grasp her head tightly in frustration. She rose from her once peaceful position, her head hitting her bare back her shirt didn't cover.

She had been thinking about the conversations  Luciano and Dante had with her since the past week it happened.

Sometimes she wondered why she even put herself in the position. Why did she allow her mind to persuade her to hop on Dante's lap and let him do the things he had done to her? Why did she allow herself to develop feelings?

Luciano was calm with her which was a major change from the last she laid with another man. Still, she wasn't sure if he was simmering inside to do it again but he hadn't given any indication since it happened.

Dante was pissed at her that day, she wondered if he still were but they hadn't spoken about it. In all, she wanted to refrain from speaking to either of the men that way. She didn't trust herself so soon. She didn't trust they wouldn't try to convince her either.

Groaning from all her unwanted swarming thoughts, she leaned forward to lay her face in her lap for a brief second to breathe. In and out. In and out. 

The men all knew she was stressed and even a little saddened. She was the only woman in the house therefore, they felt her tension, her mood everywhere.

Her eyes closed to the King Sized bed she woke up in earlier, that wasn't hers. It was hers, but not truthfully. Because of their house being destroyed, Luciano moved them further away to a safe house. At first, she was reluctant had she been further from her siblings and Nina, but this was all Luciano was offering for now until their new home is finished, which is months from now. He was trashing their old home claiming it was no need for it. He would only own the land in hopes their children want a home built there.

Lifting, she felt the cool breeze on her legs from her skirt.

To make matters worse on her mood? Her siblings were leaving today. It was Luciano who wanted them gone today for he was retaliating soon and didn't want to take an extra risk with their lives. Still, he hasn't spoken about what he was planning on doing with her and Nina. Some part of her knew he was going to try to send them very far away. He just hadn't admitted it yet.

Teresa sighed as she lifted back to a seating position, leaning back against the cold sofa and opening her eyes to stare at Nala. "That's it." She said with a nod. "I've summarized everything that happened in the past few years of my life"

When Luciano asked her this morning if she wanted to take his session with Nala, at first she thought he was agreeing that she was broken and wanted her fixed ASAP. It felt like it was a rush to her mental health but he assured her it was nothing of the sort. He only knew maybe speaking to a woman, preferably an educated therapist was the one to go to and not Nina or Georgia who stood on her side all the time.

So she did take it because he was right and now she sat on the couch before Nala and poured her heart, tears, and blood into her. Luciano was right, it wasn't easy.

Nala took out her notepad and it made Teresa swallow. When a therapist grabbed that, it was terrible and it made her dread her next words. Even though Nala was smiling, Teresa thought it was fake. "So... What I've gathered from you is you think the lack of love from your parents has caused you to seek affection, love, and attention. That this has seeped into your love life, constantly needing this reassurance that you have someone."

I'm such a depression, Teresa thought to herself. Once hearing it back from Nala, she thought she was ridiculous. How could a woman be so miserable because of abandonment, she thought? She should've gotten over it right?