P47

TERESA's eyes stared at Laura as she walked up to her and gasped in false surprise. "Oh, that ring is as beautiful as the first I've seen it. Keeping up the façade of marriage still?"

Luciano chuckled not being able to hide his amusement at how pathetic of a woman he once gave himself to.

Laura found his amusement berating but she managed to keep her focus on Teresa. She wanted her to freeze, even glance at Luciano for aid. Any indication Teresa was still as pathetic as she was at the ball.

She didn't get that.

Instead, Teresa smiled widely.
"Hmm" She pretended to think which made Laura's wide smile begin to slowly decrease. "Well I do have every penny of his at my disposal, his house is mine, oh all of his properties are mine, oh, and what else?" She glanced at Luciano and he pulled her close unable not to kiss her. She was too damn sexy.

She snapped her fingers. "That's right!" She exclaimed and turned to face Laura. "I have his last name too. Teresa Rossi, sounds good, yeah baby?" She grinned and Luciano nodded as he kissed her temple.

She sighed in joy to watch Laura's smile begin to crumble. "What else makes us married if not that the most important?" She cocked her head to the side and Dante lowered his eyes in amusement.

Teresa, Teresa, what has gotten you out of the dark hole of fear? He knew Teresa. Laura was damn near an ongoing monster underneath her bed, snagging her feet and dragging her underneath. Now Laura was nothing but a tiny shadow. For now.

Laura seemed to regain her confidence as she snapped. "Well, enjoy it while you can" She claimed.

Teresa and Luciano must've thought the same thing. How those few little words could cause bloodshed right now and Luciano was the one to step forward asking, "Is that an open threat? Surely you don't want to embarrass your... superior again?"

Teresa was amazed at how easily Luciano made Laura shrink. Only his intimidating eyes and the making her realize she was inferior. That was something she wouldn't stand for, she couldn't speak after Luciano's made that clear. Santino was the one to gently pull Laura back into his side and whisper in her ear.

It wasn't anything good, Teresa knew.

A few seconds afterward and Laura cleared her throat her eyes not as prideful as they once were.
"We'll see you inside", She said. Their two men trailed behind them as Luciano's men trailed behind them as well. He glanced at Dante and he nodded following the others inside.

Luciano faced Teresa expecting her to release a breath of relief but instead, she stared at him and huffed in frustration. "I just want to shoot her in the face!" She snapped. That was most definitely not the reaction he was expecting.

He laughed out as he cupped her face in his hands.
"You are so brave for me, Tesoro. Thank you" He whispered. She smiled as she leaned in for a brief kiss and said, "I try"

Once making it inside, there was a long table as if it was for a holiday feast but instead, it was empty, with their rivalries sitting on one end and Luciano's men on the other. Luciano gently pulled Teresa over his thigh and her arm slid behind his head as Emilio cleared his throat. "I suppose we speak before the representatives arrive?" He suggested.

Representatives, Teresa thought. In other words the speakers of their families.

Luciano was the one to nod and shivers began to slide through Teresa's body at the thought of getting to see her man in full Don mode. Making decisions, showing off his dominance, and inspiring fear and caution into his rivalries. It was sexy. It would also make a good roleplay, she thought.