Stolen Identity (46)

Stellas POV

we arrived home from our gender scan, Kelly went straight to work to whilst I asked boden if I could have the rest of shift off, he kindly obliged and told me to take as many days rest as I need, he really cared about me and the baby and didn't want me stressing any more than I needed to. I lay on the sofa and started to do some online shopping for maternity wear.

I ordered a few outfits, with adjustable or stretchy waistbands, and oversized t-shirts, I also ordered a few dresses with extra bump room in case me and Kelly ever need to dress up, for a date night or if we are invited to a evening event.

after ordering the new clothes I start to search through the baby sections and try to resist ordering everything I see, Its hard to imagine something so small could fit into such small clothing, everything looked so adorable. I put my phone down ignoring the urge to order a cute little set outfit I saw, knowing I promised Kelly we will go baby clothes shopping together when we are next off shift together.

as soon as I place my phone down it starts to ring, it was Delilahs Day Care I sit up and answer it quickly, she was probably having her weekly meltdown, shes been having them a lot since the fire. 

"Hello, this is Stella Severide" I answer 

"Hi Stella, this is Annie from Small world, I've just come from my break and im checking through the sign in and sign out sheet, it appears Dad came to pick up Delilah early, left no reason, and has left her bag behind, just wanted to check everything is okay" she says and i frown confused 

"Kelly's picked Delilah up, what, no he's at work, and im at home are you sure it was Kelly and delilah that left..." I say starting to panic

"yes, a CFD identification card with Kellys name on was scanned upon arrival, the lady covering my lunch is new so doesn't know faces yet, so took his card as identification and went to get Delilah for him. I just wanted to double check with you, it was Kelly that came and picked her up" she says and I settle a little knowing if kellys card was used surely it would have been Kelly that picked her up, but why. 

"Im not sure, I will have to call him and find out, he told me he was going to work, so unless he changed his mind and decided to grab Delilah, then I dont know, can I call you back" I say as Annie say of course and I end the call and call Kelly quickly. 

his phone rings and rings, going to voicemail. I checked his location, he was last on his phone 30 minutes ago at the firehouse. so he definitely went to work. Then who picked up Delilah.

I grab my car keys and quickly head out of the apartment and down to my car, I connect my phone to the car and call Kelly again. starting the car and driving towards the firehosue

"come on kelly, pick up" I shout as the phone keeps ringing. it stops ringing letting me know hes answered "Kelly!" I shout

 "hey Stella, you okay" He finally replies as I hear the sirens in the background "Kelly where are you" I shout

"on the way to a call, whats up" I manage to hear him say over the sirens

"Kelly, please tell me Delilah is at the firehouse and you picked her up for some obscure reason" I say

"No, why" he says as my heart sinks and I go quiet "Stella, why, what's happened" I hear kelly say as I do a sharp U-turn heading the other direction to the day care

"Kelly, someones took Delilah, meet me at the Day care as soon as you can please" I say putting my foot down 

"Stella, what do you mean...Stella" I hear kelly say as my eyes fill with tears and I end the call and start to call 911 requesting for police in a suspected kid napping and for them to meet me at the day care.