Chapter 16 - Symphonic

Elizabeth hadn't forgiven Andrew for his treatment of Ominis. They sat next to each other at breakfast, Elizabeth maintaining a stony silence. When the owls flooded in, she looked up nervously, but none came towards her. She hadn't been able to stop worrying about the letter. Who had sent it? What did they want? Elizabeth didn't feel remotely hungry, and pushed her eggs around her plate idly.

"You should eat," Andrew said.

"Or what? You'll deduct points for me?"

Andrew sighed. "Elizabeth, please. I know I shouldn't have taken points from Gaunt, it was unfair. Please, just eat."

Elizabeth scowled at her eggs. It wasn't the points that were sapping her appetite - though that certainly wasn't helping.

"Hey guys," Amit said, dropping into a seat next to Andrew, waving a newspaper. "Did you see the Prophet this morning?"

"Er, no. Did something happen?" Andrew asked.

"Yeah - you know how Professor Black hired that orchestra for Halloween? Well... just look."

Amit handed the paper to Andrew, and Elizabeth leaned in as well, reading over his shoulder.

TRAGEDY STRIKES AS SAWPHONIC ORCHESTRA MEETS UNTIMELY END

In a shocking turn of events, the Sawphonic Orchestra, a 30-piece orchestra of musical saw players, has suffered a tragic fate. All members of the orchestra lost their lives in a magic carpet accident over Greenland. The group was on their way to perform at a charity event when the accident occurred.

The details of the accident are still being investigated, but it is believed that the magic carpet they were using malfunctioned, causing them to plummet to their untimely deaths along with their instruments. It is a terrible loss for both the musical community and the wizarding world at large. The orchestra had gained widespread acclaim in the wizarding community for their unique sound. They had been booked for several high-profile events in the coming months, including an invitation to perform at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and their sudden loss has left many in the industry devastated.

"While utterly tragic," Elizabeth said, looking up. "I can't say I won't be glad of better music at Halloween."

"Keep reading," Amit said grimly.

The conductor of the Sawphonic Orchestra, Antonin Gogol, now deceased, spoke to Daily Prophet reporters, expressing his grief but assuring the public that the orchestra would continue to play at all scheduled events. "We are heartbroken by the loss of myself and our talented musicians, but we are determined to carry on our legacy," Gogol said. "We have been practicing tirelessly to ensure that we can still provide the same level of quality performance that our audiences expect from us."

One member of the orchestra, Lily Chen, also deceased, echoed Gogol's sentiment. "The show must go on," Chen said. "We are still accepting new bookings and are committed to continuing our passion for music."

The wizarding community has rallied around the Sawphonic Orchestra, offering their condolences and support during this difficult time. The loss of the entire orchestra has left a significant void in the music world, but their memory and music will continue to live on.

"Ah, well... that's... something," Elizabeth said, "So they're still performing?"

"Sounds like it, doesn't it," said Amit.