Chapter 33: Lunch box with Fried horse mackerel made for him.

I want to learn the secrets of maneuvering skillfully between two girls and maintaining good relationships among them, just like a romantic comedy protagonist. I want to create an atmosphere where they trust each other despite their banter. How can I pull off such amazing feats effortlessly?

Sitting on a school bench, sandwiched between two beautiful girls, it should be an enviable situation, but being treated as a trophy in their battle of wits leaves no room for me to rejoice.

“Well then, I will start!”

Hihara Karen opens an adorable red box. Inside are fried chicken, scrambled eggs, shumai dumplings, and takoyaki. The last two are probably frozen food, but they still look well-prepared. There’s a roughness to them, but that’s what makes them charming. It feels like a homemade bento.

“How about it? Looks delicious, right?”

“Yes, it looks very delicious.”

“Well, I woke up early to make it, so it’s only natural.”

Her slightly bashful demeanor is cute. It’s a universal truth that a tsundere girl being shy is adorable, and the fact that she put in effort to make the lunchbox even though she’s not good at cooking enhances her cuteness even more. It’s the synergistic effect of these two truths, the pinnacle of cuteness.

With these two truths combined, she reaches the utmost level of cuteness.

“Well then, it’s my turn.”

However, there’s a boss-like aura as if she’s about to crush everything from above. Gindou Kohaku .

She nonchalantly takes out a stacked bento box.

“W-What is that?!”

“It’s a stacked bento box. Is there something wrong?”

“You brought New Year’s dishes?! You wouldn’t normally put that in a lunchbox!!!”

“Eh? Is that so?”

“You know exactly what I mean. Stop playing dumb…”

While I couldn’t be more grateful for this situation, it’s clear that Hihara Karen is here to establish her dominance.

As a guy, I’m ecstatic. It’s the realization of a man’s dream right in front of my eyes.

However, considering the context of rubbing it in as a rival, I can’t genuinely be happy. Right now, I want to resolve the discord between them, even if it’s just a little bit.

Gindou Kohaku opens the bento box. As soon as I saw what’s inside, both Hihara Karen and I were left speechless.

“I may have gone a bit overboard, but this is normal for girls to do, right?”

Fried chicken, hamburgers, potatoes, shrimp fry, omelet, salad, curry pilaf. It was a bento box filled with colorful and universally appealing dishes, like a children’s lunch.

It looked so delicious that I swallowed a gulp of saliva.

“…”