Chapter 47: RTA

The day of the test arrived. It goes without saying that the boys’ faces were filled with despair.

Day one: Japanese and Health & Physical Education. Day two: Chemistry and Social Studies. And finally, day three, the last day: English and Mathematics.

The first two days went smoothly. I didn’t pay much attention to the gradual weariness on the boys’ faces. The “Masou Shoujo” group seemed calm and composed without showing any signs of concern.

And now, the fateful day has come. As I’m taking the test, I’m already planning what to do after it ends. First, I’ll stick close to Kikawa Moegi… follow her, but there’s one lingering concern. It’s possible that Gindou Kohaku and Hihara Karen might also tag along. Honestly, I don’t want the two of them to get involved here. It’s not the place for sparks to fly between them. I absolutely must make sure they don’t get involved today.

Alright, the test is over. In more ways than one… I couldn’t concentrate on the first and second days, and today was no exception.

To be honest, I haven’t been able to concentrate for the past few days. The bad ending is drawing near. Just thinking about it makes it hard for me to stay calm.

Everything has been peaceful so far, but the problem lies in today. A series of unfortunate coincidences sets the stage for the worst story to unfold.

I quickly put my pen down, deciding to rush over to the fourth person’s location.

◆◆◆

Alright, the homeroom is over. I hurry to Kikawa Moegi’s place, ignoring the students in the classroom who are crying with joy. Today, I headed to the second-year classroom without worrying about Gindou Kohaku.

I dash to the second-year classroom. As I open the door…

Everyone in Class 2-A and the teacher looks at me in surprise.

The teacher stands at the podium, seemingly delivering some sort of announcement, but they freeze when they see me. The students, including her, wear perplexed expressions.

W-Wait, the second-year class hasn’t finished homeroom yet…

“Excuse me.”

I gently closed the door. After waiting for a few minutes, Gindou Kohaku follows me and waves her hand, approaching me.

“Mou, Izayoi-kun, if you’re going, please let me know.”

“I’m sorry.”

She puffs up her cheeks ever so slightly. She looks cute, like a squirrel. I want to pet her…

But now is not the time for such thoughts. I need to concentrate more because today is crucial for Kikawa Moegi.

I’m sorry, Gindou Kohaku, but I need you to go back home today. Ugh, it hurts my conscience…

“Gindou-san.”

“What is it?”

“Please go back today.”

“…Eh?”

She looks like she doesn’t understand what I just said. Her face darkens with a look of despair.