Chapter 85: The road to harem is a long way

"Impossible."

"Not going to happen."

On that day, I confessed to the two beloved women. However, they rejected me without much hesitation... Why did I even think of a harem in the first place? It goes back to the day before.

[What should I do...]

I was troubled. Just then, I received a call from my mother... I consulted with her.

Being reciprocated by two women and admitting that I loved them both...

[If you like both of them, why not date them both? If you want to be a family, there's always adoption. Embrace love, Izayoi.]

At that moment, I understood. There was no need to choose one person. Maybe a harem ending was fine, as long as I could love them both wholeheartedly.

[Let's overflow with love.]

I couldn't use psychology to make them fall for me. All I could do was keep expressing my true feelings and keep trying to win them over. I wanted to create a harem. That became my goal.

However, they wouldn't accept it.

"Why!! I love you both so much!"

"No, it's not normal."

"I think it's a no too... from a societal standpoint."

"Let's break those norms! I love both of you! Please!"

""...""

I banged my head against the floor. Their disappointed gazes were fixed on me. But I couldn't give up.

"Karen-senpai, you don't dislike Kohaku-san, right!?"

"Eeh, yeah, I mean, I don't dislike Kohaku... Stop suddenly using our names like that... Ugh, it's embarrassing..."

"Then let's all hold hands together!"

"Izayoi... If I said I wanted a boyfriend other than you, what would you do?"

"That's... Of course I wouldn't like that! Are you trying to kill me!?"

"Exactly! That's the point!"

"I understand your point of view!! But I like both of you!! I want both of you to be my girlfriends!! I want to be intimate with both of you on dates, with one on each side!!"

"You're not holding back at all!!! You're saying it so directly!!! No way!!! Absolutely not!!! Besides, if I'm agreeing to be your girlfriend, you don't have to settle for that!!!!"

"I can't settle for that... I like both of you..."

"Enough! That's it, you're the worst!!"

Karen stormed out of the room. The path to a harem was a rocky one...

"How about you, Kohaku-san!? I like you. But I also like Karen-senpai. So I want both of you to be my girlfriends!!"

"Well, let's see... First of all, calling me by my first name out of the blue was quite touching... And personally, being told that someone wants to date me made me genuinely happy."

"Then, will you date me?"

"No, I won't."

She cut me off with a smile. Ah, I like that smile too.

"Because of the result of such an appeal... I don't find it amusing that someone wants to two-time..."

She puffed her cheeks slightly and emphasized her unhappiness, not by crossing her arms and accentuating her ch*st... I mean, she was emphasizing her displeasure. Well, if it comes to this, I'll cry and seek sympathy.