Chapter 94: Maguro vs. Fried horse mackerel and tempura part 3

[Gindou PoV]

Izayoi-kun and I left school early and came home together. I decided it wouldn't be wise to leave him at school in his current state. His current awakening seems to last for about a day, so today he should rest at home, and he can return to school tomorrow.

"Izayoi-kun, let's study at home today."

"Hmm, sure."

"You should change out of your school uniform. And please hang it up properly on a hanger to avoid wrinkles."

"Okay."

He headed back to his room, and I started changing in my room. I put on a sweater and longer pants. The top might be a bit tight, but it should be fine for now.

Afterward, we planned to spend some relaxing time together. Izayoi-kun has been running around a lot, and I've noticed him secretly talking to Mel-san. Today, we'll take it easy.

We'll watch a movie, do homework together at a leisurely pace, watch TV, have snacks, and maybe even get a little romantic. Khufufu... Ooh, facial muscles, stay focused on your job.

I thought these things while heading to the living room. Izayoi-kun was also there, wearing a hoodie and somehow wearing an eyepatch.

"Izayoi-kun, why the eyepatch?"

"Don't seek meaning in everything."

"Oh, that sounds profound... But it's not good to strain one eye more than the other, so let's take it off."

"Ah..."

I removed his eyepatch forcefully. He seemed a bit reluctant, but it didn't matter. Afterward, both of us sat down on the sofa.

I turned on a romantic movie on TV. It's a really touching and wonderful film that I want him to know about. However, he wasn't watching the movie; instead, he was glancing at me from time to time.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, it's nothing... Just a sweater that could kill a virgin..."

I heard the first part clearly, but the second part was mumbled and unclear. Probably something about the sweater being cute or lovely. We're just on the verge of being a lovey-dovey couple. I watched the movie with a contented smile.

The final scene was a wedding scene. It was so touching... The screen showed the two of them pledging their love in a church, sealing it with a kiss. There had been various difficulties, drama, obstacles, and times when they didn't like each other, but in the end, they were together.

Thinking like this, maybe it's a bit too early for me, for us... Overthinking things might make love seem heavy. Let's leave it at that.

"That was a great movie."

"Yes, it was."

He had a thoughtful expression, seemingly blessing the two on the screen as they kissed. Even though he had been acting differently while we were together, I could tell his heart hadn't changed. As the movie ended and we savored the afterglow, he started speaking, looking a bit hesitant.

"By the way, what do you think about Maguro?"

"I don't particularly think anything of him."

"I see."

Could it be that he's feeling possessive? Worried about losing me? He doesn't ask such questions without reason, I know that. Asking such things to someone of the opposite sex is almost like declaring something. But I can't help it; I want him to say it out loud.

"Why would you ask that?"

"Don't seek meaning in everything."

"Well, right now, I want to."