Chapter 64: Police and fried horse mackerel

"There were reports that your various belongings were found scattered..."

"I turned into a cat..."

"That's just a lie... Anyway, be careful not to walk around naked. There are rumors within the police department that you're the Grim Reaper."

"I understand..."

I received my uniform back. I went to the police station in the morning to ask if they had found any lost items, and they had secured them. They also questioned me about the incident. The suspicion of being the Grim Reaper seems to be growing stronger...

I changed into the uniform in a room at the police station. I was asked about the situation as it was. I borrowed Gindou Kohaku Papa's clothes and came here. I should wash it and return it later. At that moment, I thought about what happened yesterday. It was truly an eventful day.

Gindou Kohaku and Hihara Karen... they showed so much kindness... It bothers me. And perhaps there's a possibility that I have magical power.

If I have magical power... what should I do?

I can easily answer that question. I will assist them in their story... that's the feeling I have. I've thought about it many times while reading this world.

If I were there... and if this world's "story" is like a light genre in various ways, there are still difficulties. In terms of difficulty, it's like playing on hard mode.

Then, let's make it easier...

Having reached that conclusion, I shook my head. It's not good to speculate too much.

After changing into my uniform, the three of them were waiting for me.

"Sorry to keep you waiting."

"Don't worry about it."

"Me neither."

"Me neither."

We walked together, making sure not to spread out too much. We engaged in casual conversation. However, Hihara Karen didn't seem very talkative.

"Karen-senpai, is something wrong?"

"Eh? Ah, no, it's nothing..."

"Karen-chan is concerned about being persistent with you, right? Isn't that right?"

"Ah, no, it's just... yeah..."

She looked down, and a slight shadow appeared on her face.

"You don't have to worry about it at all! It's all good!"

"But I'm sorry..."

"No, it's really okay. Talking about light novels with you, senpai, is enjoyable."

"T-thank you."

"! D-Don't be"

Her smile when she said "thank you." I unexpectedly became flustered...

"Izayoi-kun, your face is turning red? Are you running a fever?"

"Are you okay, Izayoi? Should we go to the hospital?"

They leaned in closer, one silver and the other red. What is this feeling... I unconsciously took a step back.

"No, it's nothing. Let's just go to school."

I started walking a bit faster... I could feel the waves of a romantic comedy... The conversation on the way to school became awkward. It's because I heard everything about their affectionate feelings towards me when I was a cat. The embarrassment of the three of them was quite intense, so I pretended that I didn't remember anything from when I was a cat, but in reality, those memories exist, and I can't help but be conscious of them.