Chapter 43: Rewarded lightning

Yesterday was quite eventful, but fortunately, the misunderstanding was cleared up. However, I can’t help but think that I have way too many lucky pervert moments.

Could it be that I’m a “superpower” user? In this world, just like Noguchi Natsuko’s “intuition” corresponds to “superpowers,” could “lucky pervert” also be considered a “superpower”? I’m thinking strange things. Let’s forget about it.

There’s still one more week and a few days until the final day of midterms. I need to make sure not to cause any unnecessary disturbances. I absolutely won’t let any more lucky pervert moments happen.

As I was walking alone along the school commute route, Gindou Kohaku came up next to me and greeted me. She still had her twin tails. Well, she looks adorable, so it’s great, right?

“Good morning, Izayoi-kun.”

“Good morning.”

“…”

“?”

When I returned her greeting, she looked at me as if expecting something. Eh? What could it be?

“Well, yes… That wouldn’t be so convenient, right?”

As I continued walking, I bumped into someone at a corner. The impact made the other person fall. It seemed like she came from the other direction, but I apologized just in case… and it turned out to be someone I knew.

To be precise, it was Hihara Karen, chewing on a slice of bread.

“Hey, watch where you’re going!!”

“Ah, sorry.”

“…Is that all?”

“I guess you won’t ask for compensation or anything…”

“I don’t need it. Well… That wouldn’t be so convenient, right?”

I extended my hand to help Hihara Karen up, and the three of us started walking together. I managed to calm them down whenever they almost started a fight…

◆◆◆

It all started with a single statement from Gindou Kohaku after school. As we were leaving the classroom and heading towards our shoe lockers…

“Izayoi-kun, let’s have a study session.”

“A study session?”

“Yes, the tests are coming up soon. We need to study.”

“Yeah, you’re right. What should we do?”

“Let’s do it! A study session! I’ll teach you!”

She leaned in closer to my face. Ah, she’s cute.

“No need for that!”

“Oh, it’s you again?”

Suddenly, Hihara Karen was here too, seemingly appearing out of nowhere. Two twin-tailed beauties.

“I can get nearly perfect scores if I just review the textbook once. I’m a genius, so leave it to me.”