Chapter 75: Otherworldly Author

Crimson Revolution

In a certain room, a woman is writing on manuscript paper with a fountain pen. The desk is filled with numerous reference materials, and the woman is wearing a haori to endure the cold as she desperately continues to write. [TL: The haori (羽織) is a traditional Japanese hip- or thigh-length jacket worn over a kimono. Think of Tanjiro from Demon slayer]

At that moment, the phone placed on the desk starts ringing. The woman pauses the fountain pen and answers the call.

"Hello..."

She speaks out grimly.

"Yes... I've finished writing the fourth volume... How's the content?... I see... In a nutshell, I added new elements to the folklore of Unabara Cho Town and introduced a youkai that rules the dream world. Kataumi Aoi gets her entire body torn apart multiple times by the youkai and ultimately has her soul devoured."

She continues to speak in a disinterested manner, and her eyebrows furrow as she listens to the demands from the other end of the line.

"Yes... A bad end after gaining the magical outfit, right? You want me to start with Akai Karen's story? And you'd like to decide the order? The higher-ups? Alright... I understand..."

One request after another is made, and she doesn't refuse any of them, not even the demands from a certain benefactor...

"This time, they want something with a cruel aspect... I'll consider it."

After hanging up the phone, she throws the mobile device onto the desk and murmurs to herself.

"Haa... Akai Karen, or rather, when it's time to draw, it should be Hihara Karen... I don't want to draw it, but... before the end of summer vacation... I'll create an antagonist character for the 'middle part'..."

◆◆◆

[Moegi PoV]

Finally, she came to his house. Her belongings were packed in numerous cardboard boxes, and we helped with the moving.

Our belongings were stored in the magic room, so we spread out and organized her belongings there. Now, it's just the two of us.

I have a feeling that we'll get along... it's just a gut feeling. Kohaku-chan and Karen-chan have been showing more composure lately, but you never know when they might go wild like before. When one of them goes out of control, it can trigger the other as well.

That's why the current situation is completely peaceful... but if they go wild, having her around makes me feel like we can overcome it together.

I won't have to be afraid all alone like before. No, thanks to you, Aoi-chan!

"Aoi-chan, what's in this box?"

"That's my clothes."

"Can I open it?"

"Sure."

To organize her clothes, I open the cardboard box. And indeed, there are clothes inside...

Hoodies, another hoodie underneath, and another hoodie below that... No way, right? I opened another box... Hoodie, hoodie, a slightly nice-looking shirt, hoodie... Jeans, women's pants, hoodie...

"Hey, Aoi-chan, are you a fan of hoodies?"

"Eh? Of course. Hoodies are the most useful clothing for humanity, you know."

"...Is that so?"

"Yeah, they're comfortable to move in, easy to wear casually, and I can put my hands in my pockets when it's cold..."