Chapter 25: Charming mob

After the lingering sting of the slap, we sat on the bench again, facing each other.

“Uhm, I’m really sorry for everything… I mean, I’m truly sorry.”

“It’s fine now. The slap settled it.”

For some reason, things became awkward. It’s the sad reality of having a lack of immunity to women. Earlier, I was casually holding her hand and touching her shoulder, but now, I feel the embarrassment creeping in.

“So, how can you convey your feelings to them…?”

“Well… I guess there’s no other way but to say it out loud, right?”

It’s probably difficult for her to express her feelings straightforwardly. But in times like this, I have the perfect solution!

“How about using a letter to express yourself?”

“A letter… that’s a good idea.”

“Yes. It’s a classic approach, and it conveys a sense of heartfelt emotions, don’t you think?”

“I agree. Plus, if I organize my thoughts and put them into words now, it’ll be less confusing when I actually say it!”

“Alright, here you go. Take this.”

I took out a letter set from my pocket. I bought it at a convenience store before coming to school in the morning.

“You came prepared..”

“Yes, I bought it a while ago, but I never had a chance to use it until now. Luckily, I had a brand new set with me.”

She looked at me with a slightly suspicious gaze. Was my preparation too perfect? Does it seem strange? Well, it’s not exactly normal for a high school boy to carry around a letter set, but hey, I’m a high school boy, after all!

So, no problem there.

“Come on, let’s get started! Here, use the letter set, this writing mat and pen!”

“Ah yes”

I handed her all these things with enthusiasm.

“Hmm, how should I start…”

“Maybe something impactful would be good for the beginning? Like in web novels, they say the first chapter needs to be good, otherwise people won’t continue reading.”

“You’re right. I want to draw my parents closer to me from the start. Let’s see… ‘I love my mom and dad very much’…'”

While she was writing, she suddenly stopped.

“What’s wrong?”

“Well, it’s embarrassing, but… I feel uncomfortable when someone’s watching…”

Ah, I see. She doesn’t want me to see the letter about how much she loves her mom and dad. Because, at her age, she wouldn’t want me to see it. Hoo, I see, I see.

“Senpai, don’t hold back!”

“Eh?”

“You’re about to express your true feelings to your parents, something you haven’t been able to do until now! And yet, you’re hesitating because of something like this!?”